My Guide Website?
Bazurto Market + La Popa Convent Cartagena City Tour 4H2 Reviews
Have a whole experience in Bazurto: a traditional market where the other side of the city is shown and to La Popa: a convent in the top of a hill that offers you panoramic views and great landscapes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- The imposing views of Cartagena’s walls and sea from La Popa monastery
- Samples of what locals offer and prepare in Bazurto Market
- Getting to know native’s true spirit
- Introduction to Cartagena’s history and its roots
- The chance of contrasting two opposite sides of the city
DescriptionThere are numerous ways of traveling to a new place and that always depends on the type of traveler you are. If you are one of those who never doubt when choosing an alternative and a little bit less touristic experience, we are sure you will enjoy this. Come with us to this 4-hour tour around two totally opposed places and discover two different but incredible sides of Cartagena’s real spirit. Start your day by meeting our local guide, who will take you to the Convent of La Popa (Convent of the Stern) located in the top of a hill. From there you will take amazing photos of the rest of the city. Our guide will give you an introduction about our history. Then go to Bazurto Market, where you will have a traditional lunch made by locals. Bazurto market is a vibrant place with colored foodstuffs everywhere you look, moved by a frenetic commerce and its loud but warm and joyful people. In here, our guide will walk you to some of the most famous or traditional stands where natives are working. Some of them will share with you their stories and they will explain what they do or prepare, the ingredients and the preparation of their foods. You will try several fruits and snacks from them and then we will have a costeno lunch: fried fish, yuca, coconut rice and more. Unlike the touristic Walled City, Bazurto market and La Popa Convent will nourish your perspective about Cartagena and Colombia. Just let the experiences and the people show you why we are considered as one of the happiest nations on earth!
IncludesGran Colombia Tours Guide Hotel pick-up and drop-off Lunch Entry to La Popa Convent All-risk insurance
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately If you have a layover in Cartagena, please select the airport or cruise ship terminal as a pick-up point for the layover tour If you have any food restriction or allergies, please tell the guide or write it on the booking Don’t forget your camera Bring comfortable clothes and shoes Keep hydrating constantly and use sunscreen