Bogota: 5-7 Hour La Candelaria And City Walking Tour14 Reviews
Discover the wonders of Bogota on this 7-hour sightseeing tour. With an expert guide, explore the vibrant downtown area, visit the fascinating Gold Museum, learn about the region’s gang history, taste local beverages, and ride the cable car to Monserrate.
- Visit the most iconic and historical landmarks in the downtown area
- Learn about local Indigenous history and see Indigenous jewelry at the Gold Museum
- Taste a traditional alcoholic beverage known as Chicha
- Admire the eclectic array of architecture including Baroque and Art Deco
- Uncover the history of the national drug trade through street art
DescriptionDive into Bogotá’s diversity by joining this fun 5 to 7-hour city tour. Bogotá has a lot to offer and you will receive a complete perspective of it. Start your day by meeting your local guide at your hotel. He will take you to your first stop: Monserrate. Here you’ll take the cable car up the mountain to enjoy the most amazing and breathtaking views of this city: the whole length of the valley from the best vantage point. After making your way back down La Candelaria, you will walk its cobblestoned streets, surrounded by colonial architecture to the spectacular Gold Museum. You’ll learn about the region's ancestors through their remains of metalwork made before Spaniards arrival. Listen to the guide retelling the transition from indigenous to Spanish colonization at the foundational square Chorro de Quevedo and taste chicha an ancestral corn-based fermented drink. Nearby you will also taste some Colombian flavor through fruits and natural juices. Once refreshed visit Simón Bolívar Square and learn how politics and conflict relate to each other and its current challenges with a peace agreement already signed. Then, jump to the Botero Museum and see some of the greatest works of Colombian modern painter Fernando Botero. After a fulfilling day finish this journey in the best way possible, by tasting a cup of Colombian coffee, at a place where local and friendly baristas will teach you the basics about our treasured good. Of course, time for lunch will be given as well as recommendations on restaurants and traditional meals from the guide. Keep in mind this tour can last between 5 to 7 hours, and it’s up to you. This will be nothing but a whole day of being amazed by Bogotá’s vibe.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Private transportation for your group Tour guide Entry to the Gold Museum and Botero Museum Cable car two-way ticket to Monserrate Chicha and coffee tasting Fruit and juice tasting All-risks insurance Lunch (you can choose from a selection of restaurants in the area)
- This is a walking tour This tour proceeds irrespective of the weather The Gold Museum is closed on Mondays; your guide will provide you with options for another museum The Botero Museum is closed on Tuesdays; your guide will provide you with options for another museum Entry to Monserrate on Sundays includes a Platinum ticket
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY