Bogotá: Comuna El Paraíso Tour with Cable Car20 Reviews
Get off the tourist track and gaze at one of Bogotá's most picturesque neighborhoods from above. Learn about the work of local activists and community organizers as you admire some of the city's best street art.
- Get away from the main tourist haunts of Bogotá for a more authentic experience
- Discover the most innovative transportation system in Bogotá
- Enjoy street art and share stories with local leaders
- Learn about the history and contemporary changes of the El Paraíso neighborhood
DescriptionStart your journey to Bogatá’s El Paraíso district with either hotel pickup, or a bus transfer, accompanied by your guide. Hop on a cable car to head up the hill to the district, soaking in the panoramic views as your soar over the city. Gaze down at the colorful houses, mingling with technicolor graffiti and small parks and plazas. After your ascent, you’ll head off on a walking tour with your local guide to get a feel for the vibrant neighborhood. Wander the bustling avenues, spotting street art among the neon-painted houses and narrow boulevards. Meet local community leaders in charge of the New Life Foundation, learning about the positive changes that have been made to revitalize the neighborhood. Continue to the best spot for panoramic views over the entire city, then try a traditional Colombian snack to get a feel for local culinary culture. Afterwards, you’ll head back down on the cable car, having experienced yet another fascinating portion of thrilling Bogotá.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) Transmilenio bus tickets (if option selected) Cable car tickets Snack and refreshments Gratuities
- • The walk is not very demanding, but El Paraíso's altitude is 10,100 feet (1,600 feet higher than Bogotá), so it is recommended that you drink plenty of water
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability