Bogota: East Hills Mountain Hike2 Reviews
Although the majority of the city is rather flat, the city limits to the east include an incredible mountain range that follows Bogota’s territory lines from south to north. This mountain range is what is locally known as the East Hills.
- Begin at the break of dawn and adventure to discover one of the best kept secrets of Bogotá, the East Hills
- Hear the noise of the city disappear as you ascend and find yourself walking carefree through a thick forest
- Reach the summit of Cerro La Aguadora and take in a privileged view of the capital
- Enjoy a typical Bogotan breakfast with different kinds of breads and beverages before returning to your hotel
DescriptionBogotá sits on a vast savannah formed by the east-Andean mountain range at an altitude of 2600 meters. Although the majority of the city is rather flat, the city limits to the east include an incredible mountain range that follows Bogota’s territory lines from south to north. This mountain range is what is locally known as the East Hills. The mountainous landscape not only provides a profound visual, but has a huge impact on Bogota’s climate. Although these hills are always present, they are completely unknown for many locals and visitors. After a big push made by the residents of some bordering neighborhoods, the local administration has made available and connected several hiking trails in order to offer Bogotans the option to discover one of Bogotá's greatest natural treasures. On this tour you will start the day early, after sunrise. Your guide will pick you up at your hotel and drive you to the starting point, right at the edge of the city. There you will hike up for about one hour until you reach a perfect lookout with a privileged view overlooking the city. Along the hike you will learn from your expert guide about the struggle between native and foreign species, the environmental issues that Bogotá is facing, and much more. After 2 hours approximately you will return to the city. We will take you for breakfast at a local bakery where you will try different kinds of breads and hot beverages that make up the typical Bogotan breakfast. Finally, your driver will drive you safely back to your hotel or preferred destination address.
IncludesPrivate transportation pick-up from your hotel and drop-off following the tour at the location of your choice Expert English speaking guide Breakfast Unspecified food or beverages Personal expenses Optional tips and gratuities
- The physical demands of this hike are medium-high. You are recommended to take this tour two days after your arrival to Bogotá, especially if you are not accustomed to high altitudes. Bring comfortable clothes and shoes for hiking.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability