My Guide Website?
Bogota: East Hills Mountain Hike3 Reviews
Although the majority of the city is rather flat, the city limits to the east include an incredible mountain range that follows Bogota’s territory lines from south to north. This mountain range is what is locally known as the East Hills.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Medellín: Private Comuna 13 Street Art Tour
- Medellín: Private Pablo Escobar Tour with Cable Car Ride
- Bogota: Guatavita and Salt Cathedral Daily Group Tour
- Cali: Discover Cali City Highlights and Local Drink
- Medellín: E-bike and Foodie Tour
- Begin at the break of dawn and adventure to discover one of the best kept secrets of Bogotá, the East Hills
- Hear the noise of the city disappear as you ascend and find yourself walking carefree through a thick forest
- Reach the summit of Cerro La Aguadora and take in a privileged view of the capital
- Enjoy a typical Bogotan breakfast with different kinds of breads and beverages before returning to your hotel
DescriptionHike the mountains near the city of Bogota. Although the majority of Bogota is quite flat, the city limits to the east include an incredible mountain range that follows Bogota’s territory lines from south to north. This mountain range is what is locally known as the East Hills. Start your day early, just after sunrise. Your guide will pick you up at your hotel and drive you to the starting point, right at the edge of the city. There you will hike up for about one hour until you reach a perfect lookout with a privileged view overlooking the city. Along the hike, you will learn from your expert guide about the struggle between native and foreign species, the environmental issues that Bogotá is facing, and much more. After 2 hours approximately you will return to the city. Then refuel with breakfast at a local bakery where you will try different kinds of bread and hot beverages that make up the typical Bogotan breakfast. Finally, your driver will drive you back to your hotel or preferred destination address.
IncludesPrivate transportation pick-up from your hotel and drop-off following the tour at the location of your choice Expert English speaking guide Breakfast
- The physical demands of this hike are medium-high. You are recommended to take this tour two days after your arrival to Bogotá, especially if you are not accustomed to high altitudes. Bring comfortable clothes and shoes for hiking. The price you paid for the service does not include V.A.T. This benefit only applies to foreigners entering as tourists, so it is necessary that you send us as proof a copy of your passport and the photo of the entry stamp to the country. As required by the national tax authority.