My Guide Website?
Bogota: Food Tasting Tour and Coffee Workshop2 Reviews
This small-group Bogota food tour is limited to just 8 guests a day. Dive into the heart of Colombian cuisine on this 10-taster food tour. End the tour with a coffee workshop, learning about the Colombian bean to cup process.
- Sample 10 different Colombian foods and drinks
- Enjoy an hour-long coffee workshop with tastings
- Experience an intimate atmosphere in a group of eight guests
- Learn about Colombian history and culinary culture
- Let your experienced, local, foodie guide lead the way
DescriptionGreet your guide at the Market Square district perseverance and start your food tour, carefully planned to give you insight into every corner of Bogota cuisine. First, head to a small local market where you'll try several different types of exotic fruits (some you've likely never heard of, let alone tasted!). Next, visit a local joint to sample cheesy melt-in-the-mouth corn arepas. For carnivores, there's no happier place than our next stop: a small hole-in-the-wall eatery, where you'll indulge in lechona — roasted and stuffed suckling pig with crunchy golden skin. At the next tucked-away restaurant, experience modern twists, including innovative takes on local ajiaco soup, gourmet ceviche accompanied and aguadiente (local firewater) cocktails. Walk down the streets of Old Town Bogota while your local guide recounts the city's stories and history. Famous among locals, the next stop is a bakery, which has been producing fine snacks served with aguapanela (panela water) since the 1930s. Continue through the streets of central Bogota and stop to try golden buñuelos, a deep-fried doughnut-like pastry paired with a local oatmeal smoothie called avena. Then, eat mouthwatering beef empanadas served with slices of lime and zingy local salsa. After, jump into one last restaurant, which has been serving hungry locals for almost two centuries. Here, try steamy leaf-wrapped chicken tamales with frothy hot chocolate. Sign off the tour with a coffee workshop, where you'll learn the ins and outs of coffee production from three different areas of Colombia, see various methods of steeping, sample three different coffees and discover why the country produces and roasts some of the finest beans in the world.
IncludesAll food tasting and snacks (10 tastings) Professional guide Bottled water All taxes and fees
- The tour runs rain or shine so please wear appropriate clothing and footwear
- All guests must be 18 years or older
- Please eat lightly on the morning of the tour, as there is plenty to try
- This tour is not suitable for vegetarians or those with a gluten or lactose allergy