My Guide Website?
Bogota: Horseback Riding Tour4 Reviews
Be amazed riding on a Colombian Creole horse along the fauna, flora, rivers, creeks and lakes that make the Andean highland a perfect scenario for a thrilling day out in nature during your stay in Bogotá.
- Drive southwest of the capital for a beautiful horseback ride
- Experience riding trained Colombian Creole horses
- Ride through a beautiful Andean ecosystem full of lush vegetation
- Take a break at an amazing lookout with views over the Bogota savanna
DescriptionRide on a Colombian Creole horse along the fauna, flora, rivers, creeks and lakes that make the Andean highland a perfect scenario for a thrilling day out in nature during your stay in Bogotá. On this tour, you will be driven from Bogotá to a rural location 40 minutes to the south east of the capital. There, a local cowboy will be expecting you with tame - yet powerful - horses ready for the adventure. After some instructions and advice, you'll start the ride, in the company of a guide (if option selected). Going up to 3,200 MAMSL, you will enter an Andean ecosystem, which is very different to the stereotypical image of the tropical jungle many visitors have about Colombia. After an hour's ride, you'll reach a fantastic lookout point where you'll be able to see the Monserrate Hill and even Bogotá in the distance. After a break (for stretching your legs and having a snack), you'll head back to the ranch via another path, making a loop. Get dropped off back at your hotel after returning to the ranch.
IncludesPrivate transportation to and from activity 1-hour ride Companion of a local guide (if option selected) Snack
- If no one in your group speaks Spanish, it is strongly suggested you hire a bilingual guide for this tour - an additional charge applies.
- If lunch is not available at the farm, it will be replaced with a stop for lunch at La Candelaria
- Bring sun-block, comfortable and warm clothing, and gloves if possible
- This activity does not require previous experience