My Guide Website?
Bogotá: La Chorrera Waterfall Guided Hike
Enjoy the breathtaking and abundant Colombian flora in this famous natural park with incredible views.
- Visit La Chorrera Natural Park
- Learn the history of armed conflicts in this area and the indigenous significance of the moorlands
- Visit El Chiflón waterfall
- See beautiful local flora and fauna
DescriptionJust a short drive from Bogotá, the highest waterfall in Colombia lies waiting: La Chorrera de Choachí. Join this hike to the Mountains of the Moon and explore La Chorrera. Explore this amazing natural park and learn about the peculiarities of these cloud forests. Thick with vegetation and often mist, these forests are filled with an alluring mystique. First visit the smaller waterfall, the 55-meter tall El Chiflón, before delving deeper into the park. Learn about the park’s history, the local ecosystem, and recent challenges. Deeper inside the park, you’ll find La Chorrera: a tiered 590-meter tall waterfall. Take in the mighty sight and rest your feet before taking the trail back out of the park. The hike ends at the town of Choachí, where you’ll be able to join in with some of the locals for a fantastic local lunch before heading back to Bogotá.
IncludesTour guide Private transportation for your group Entry to La Chorrera Natural Park Transport from Choachí to Bogotá Hotel pickup and drop-off Transport from Bogotá to La Chorrera Natural Park Guided tour inside of the park All-risk insurance
- • Please note that lunch is not included • This hike is perfect for hikers with some experience: there are all kinds of slopes, including steep slopes, slippery slopes, and rocky slopes • Perfect for the surefooted and gutsy hikers and those eager to do some exercise
- Remember to bring comfortable hiking shoes and clothing, and a cane/walking stick if needed
- Please keep in mind that this location is several hundred meters above sea level, so breathing can prove difficult to some