My Guide Website?
Bogota: Legend of El Dorado and Salt Cathedral Tour7 Reviews
Visit the most famous spots in Bogota in one day. Get to know the picturesque Guatavita Lagoon, before crossing the Savannah to experience the Salt Cathedral, which is known as the first wonder of Colombia.
- Vsit the Guatavita Lagoon, which was the main inspiration for the El Dorado legend
- Gain entrance to the Salt Cathedral
- Visit the town of Zipaquirá
DescriptionAfter gathering at either of the meeting points or being collected from your accommodation, your combination experience in Bogota will begin. You'll first visit the Guatavita Lagoon, which was a source of inspiration for the Legend of El Dorado and the movie with the same name. The beauty of this place is sure to overwhelm you, and after some time there you will cross the Savannah. In the afternoon you will reach the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá, which was the First Wonder of Colombia due to its imposing architecture. In a single day you will enjoy the indigenous spiritual cosmogony, Christian spirituality, the beauty of nature, and the grandeur of architecture. At the end of your experience, you will be returned back to your point of origin.
IncludesSalt Cathedral and Guatavita entrance fees Fast-track entrance to the Salt Cathedral Audio guide in Spanish, English, French, and Portuguese at the Salt Cathedral Round-trip transportation from Bogota Insurance Food and drinks (lunch or snacks) Gratuities Hotel pickup and drop-off, unless option selected Professional guide
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Transfers may take a little longer than usual due to highway maintenance works
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now