Bogota: Private Trip to Nemocón Salt Mine1 Reviews
Go 60 meters under the surface and experience what it is like to be a salt miner. Discover the history of salt in the authentic Nemocón Salt Mine with its impressive mirror of brine.
- Experience what it is like to be a salt miner
- Learn about the salt extraction process and the history of the place from your guide
- Enjoy a typical Colombian lunch in Nemocón
DescriptionDiscover the colonial town of Nemocón and its salt mine located 65 km from Bogotá. Start your day with a 9:00 AM pick-up from your accommodation in Bogotá. During your drive to Nemocón, enjoy the beautiful landscape. On arrival, join a bilingual guide, who will take you through the tunnels of the salt mine. Experience what it's like to be a salt miner, and descend 60 meters underground while learning about the history of salt and how to extract it. See the heart of Colombia, marvel at the mirrors of brine with its stunning optical effect and take a look at the movie set of 'Los 33' where the movie about the trapped miners of Chile was filmed. Enjoy a typical Colombian lunch in Nemocón and then visit the major square of the town.
IncludesEntrance fees Lunch Bilingual guide in the Nemocón Salt Mine Hotel pick-up and drop off Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase) Gratuities (optional)
- A confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Good shoes are recommended for this tour
- At the time of booking, please provide your hotel details as well as the name and date of birth of each customer
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability