My Guide Website?
Bogotá: Villa de Leyva Full-Day Tour with Meals6 Reviews
Discover Villa de Leyva on a full-day guided tour of this enchanting town. See local wonders such as the Pozos Azules, the Terracotta House, and the Paleontological Museum accompanied by an expert local guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a full-day guided tour of the beautiful Villa de Leyva
- Stop at the Sisga Dam and Raquira to admire the local crafts and pottery
- See main sites including the Paleontological museum and the Pozos Azules
- Enjoy traditional food with views of the cobblestoned streets
DescriptionDiscover Villa de Leyva on a full-day guided tour. See some of the most well-preserved colonial structures in Colombia, and admire the town's vibrant culture, historical sights, and striking natural beauty. Start your adventure at the breathtaking Sisga Dam. Then, head north to Raquira, a small town known for its traditional pottery. Next, take a short drive to Villa de Leyva’s Square: the largest entirely cobbled square in South America. Visit the Paleontological Museum and marvel at the fossils taken from the valley where Villa de Leyva is located. Learn their fascinating history dating back to the Cretaceous era. Stop for a quick break at a traditional restaurant and enjoy a local breakfast. Once ready, continue towards the hills to the Pozos Azules. Admire the blue-green reflection of the sky in these mineral-rich pools. Next stop: the Terracotta House. See the house made entirely out of clay and famously called 'the largest piece of pottery in the world.' Take some time to explore the quaint streets at your own pace before stopping once more for a delicious lunch.
IncludesProfessional local guide Hotel pickup and drop-off Entry to the Paleontological Museum Entry to Pozos Azules Breakfast Lunch Insurance
- The Paleontological Museum is closed on Mondays however, the local partner will offer another museum according to your interests
- Tour will take place rain or shine