My Guide Website?
Cartagena: Private Food Tour in Walled City and Getsemani7 Reviews
Taste the best of Caribbean cuisine and meet its people on a private walking tour in the heart of Cartagena. Try cocadas, carimañola, arepa de huevo, and more on this tasty tour of the town.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- A walk along important spots of the city such as the emblematic Clock Tower
- A brief introduction to Colombia’s and Cartagena’s rich history of diversity in
- Samples and samples of typical foods and drinks of the region (fruits, desserts,
- An incredible chance to get in touch with locals and their stories
- Memories full of senses about colors, smells and flavors of this Caribbean city
DescriptionA trip wouldn’t be complete if you don’t go beyond touristic places and give yourself the chance to taste the place’s food. So, come with us to this food tour around Cartagena’s heart, so you get the best of Caribbean cuisine and its people: cocadas, carimañola, arepa de huevo, and more. Although those names are hardly relatable to something common or widely known, we are sure that it will be a gastronomic experience to remember. Your day will start by meeting our local and friendly tour guide. With him you will be headed to the first stop in the best place for food tours in Cartagena: The Walled City. As you walk around you will have several stops to try the best of Cartagena and Caribbean typical flavors. From fruits to shrimp cocktails, deep-fried snacks, typical sweets and coffee or beer. Some of the things you can try are: Arepa with egg. Arepa is one of the most traditional Colombian plates, eaten almost everywhere in the country in lots of different versions. In the Caribbean coast, this corn-based tortilla is usually deep fried and stuffed with a tasty egg. You will also visit local food stands and try shrimp cocktail or carimañola: a very typical yucca and cheese finger food. If you’re craving for something sweet, you’ll also have cocadas, a sort of cookie made from dried coconut or typical fruits. But there are many other options of traditional sweets and candies. And of course, try a cup of nice high-quality coffee or have cold and refreshing beer before ending the tour. You will discover ancient culinary techniques, treasured family recipes, and life stories of all the locals that will make you swing from sweet to salty, from fresh to fried tasty appetizers and from tasteful to delicious snacks. Real samples of diversity of ingredients and customs. This is the most valuable souvenir of the very best side of Cartagena de Indias: tons of food offered to you by joyful and friendly locals. We know there won’t be regrets. You are in for a treat.
IncludesGran Colombia Tours Guide Hotel pickup and drop-off Samples of typical foods and drinks of the region (fruits, desserts, finger foods, refreshments)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately If you have a layover in Cartagena, please select the airport or the cruise ship terminal as a pick-up point for the layover tour If you have any food restrictions or allergies, please tell the guide or write it on the booking