My Guide Website?
From Bogota: Hike to Colombia's Highest Waterfall166 Reviews
Leave bustling Bogotá for a day of trekking through the Andean forest. Witness the natural wonders of El Chiflón and La Chorrera, Colombia’s tallest waterfall.
- Trek through the lush, green Andean forest on a 3-hour round-trip hike
- Experience the natural wonders of El Chiflón and La Chorrera waterfalls
- Learn about the native flora and fauna with your bilingual guide
- Enjoy local Colombian breakfast and lunch
DescriptionTravel deep into the Andean jungle on a 3-hour trek to see the great sights of El Chiflón and La Chorrera waterfalls. Meet your experienced bilingual guide in Bogotá and start the day with a traditional Columbian breakfast at an authentic hole-in-the-wall restaurant. Then, set off by private van to La Chorrera. Drive past the East Hills on the way and stop to take pictures of the paramo of Cruz Verde. Arrive at the park and begin the approximately 3-hour round-trip hike through the lush, green Andean forest, learning about the native life and plants of the area. Continue your trek to reach the 1,936-foot (590-meter) wall of cascading water that is La Chorrera. Take in the breathtaking sight of Colombia's mightiest waterfall amid a wonderland of natural beauty. Throughout the hike, see and learn about the colorful birds hidden at the top of the trees and breathe in the clean air in this spectacular landscape. Refuel with lunch at a beautiful restaurant and marvel at the spectacular views here before heading back to Bogotá.
IncludesGuided hike to La Chorrera Waterfall Private transportation Local bilingual guide Breakfast Lunch Entrance to the park
- Dress appropriately for hiking in nature and rainy conditions
- The length of the tour depends on how long it takes to arrive at the waterfalls
- You’ll be hiking at elevations ranging from 6,309 to 8,530 feet (1,923 to 2,600 meters) above sea level
- You should be able to handle uneven terrain to go on this hike
- Vegetarian food options are available