From Bogotá: Hike to La Chorrera Waterfall With Meals40 Reviews
Leave bustling Bogotá for a day of trekking through the Andean forest. Witness the natural wonders of El Chiflón and La Chorrera, Colombia’s tallest waterfall.
- Trek through the lush, green Andean forest on a 3-hour round-trip hike
- Experience the natural wonders of El Chiflón and La Chorrera waterfalls
- Learn about the native flora and fauna with your bilingual guide
- Enjoy local Colombian breakfast and lunch
DescriptionTravel deep into the Andean jungle on a 3-hour trek to see the great sights of El Chiflón and La Chorrera waterfalls. After meeting your experienced bilingual guide in Bogotá, you’ll drive past the East Hills and stop to take pictures of the paramo of Cruz Verde. Arrive in the countryside and begin the approximately 3-hour round-trip hike through the lush, green Andean forest, learning about the native life and plants of the area. After about 30 minutes, you’ll arrive at the first waterfall, El Chiflón. Stand behind the rushing water, and feel the refreshing shower seemingly coming from the sky. Continue your trek for approximately another hour to the 1,936-foot (590-meter) wall of cascading water that is La Chorrera. Take in the breathtaking sight of Colombia's mightiest waterfall amid a wonderland of natural beauty. Throughout the hike, see and learn about the colorful birds hidden at the top of the trees and breathe in the clean air in this spectacular landscape. This tour also includes local Colombian breakfast and lunch, as well as a sampling of cheese produced by local farmers.
IncludesBreakfast Lunch Private transportation Local bilingual guide Bottled water
- Dress appropriately for hiking in nature and rainy conditions
- The length of the tour depends on how long it takes to arrive at the waterfalls
- You’ll be hiking at elevations ranging from 6,309 to 8,530 feet (1,923 to 2,600 meters) above sea level
- Vegetarian food options are available
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability