From Bogotá: Nemocón Mine and Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral Tour1 Reviews
Learn about the history of salt mining on a day trip from Bogotá. Visit the historical Nemocón mines, enjoy a typical lunch, and then visit the Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral.
- Drive across the beautiful savanna of Bogotá
- Learn how salt is extracted at the Nemocón Mine
- Explore the colonial city of Zipaquirá
- Visit the amazing Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral
DescriptionBenefit from pickup at your hotel in Bogotá, and then travel to the salt mines of Nemocón 65 kilometers from the city center. Get stunning views of the beautiful landscape before arrival. Then, take a tour of the salt mine tunnels and discover what is felt like to work 60 meters below ground. Learn about the history of salt and how it is extracted as you marvel at the optical effects of the mirrors of brine. See where the movie Los 33 was filmed before lunch in the colonial city of Zipaquirá. Next, visit one of the most artistic achievements of Colombian architecture on a tour of the Zipaquirá Salt Cathedral, built within the tunnels of a salt mine.
IncludesEntrance fees Lunch Bilingual guide in the salt mine Hotel pickup and drop-off Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase) Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The duration of the transfers is approximate and will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This tour operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability