My Guide Website?
From Medellin: Guatape Lake Boat Tour and El Peñol Rock Hike1 Reviews
Take a guided journey through Guatapé and enjoy a boat tour to one of the biggest dams in Colombia. Drive through El Peñol town and climb the stunning rock for the most breathtaking views from above.
- Leaving the city to visit the traditional and colorful Guatape town
- The worth doing challenge of climbing over than 600 stairs to El Peñol rock to h
- 1-hour boat tour along the dam and learning its history and interesting facts
- Getting in touch with locals and taste traditional flavors
- The unforgettable experience of going to one of the most beautiful places in Col
Descriptionake our advice and don’t miss this experience out. Come to Guatape with us and discover real authenticity through the warmth of people. On this full-day tour, our guide will pick you up at your hotel and along with the driver they will head north for 2 hours to the first stop: El Peñol. When near, you’ll recognize Guatapé as soon as you see the dam, and right away the imposing rock of El Peñol far in the distance. This is an enigmatic rock nobody knows where came from and there are all sorts of speculations about its origin. Although it looks challenging, you’ll get how rewarding it’ll be to climb its 700 stairs, after having one of the most breathtaking views Colombia may offer. Once all of you have made it downstairs, you will get back in the car to drive through El Peñol town and then make it to Guatapé. In here you will tour around the colorful streets along the dam, learning about the history behind this man crafted beauty. By this time, you will go to a local restaurant to have a marvelous traditional lunch. The dam was created after flooding the old Peñol town. Now it is responsible of generating energy for millions of people. You will visit it on a boat tour after lunch and will visit one of the only houses that remain after the flooding, at this place you will have a big chunk of history behind the town and superstition. Once back in town, you will head back to Medellín, this might be a 2 to 3-hour ride depending on traffic. Our day will finish once the driver takes you back to your hotel. If it’s a must-do is because it’s a must-do. So, join us and have a trip to remember!
IncludesGran Colombia Tours Guide Hotel pick up and drop off Entry to Piedra del Peñol Entry to Guatape lagoon Boat trip Lunch All risk insurance
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately Take into account the activity requires climbing over 600 steps Please mind telling the guide or noting on the booking if there is any health condition our team should know of Don’t forget your camera Bring comfortable shoes and water Keep hydrating constantly and use sunscreen