Horseback Riding Tour2 Reviews
Be amazed riding on a Colombian Creole horse along the fauna, flora, rivers, creeks and lakes that make the Andean highland a perfect scenario for a thrilling day out in nature during your stay in Bogotá.
- Put on your blue jeans and drive for 40 minutes south west of the capital for a beautiful horseback ride
- Meet the cowboy who will be waiting for you with trained Colombian Creole horses ready for the adventure
- Ride through a beautiful Andean ecosytem full of lush vegetation for 1 hour, taking a break at an amazing lookout with views over the Bogota savanna
- Enjoy a homemade lunch prepared especially for you by the cowboy's family with fresh ingredients from the garden
DescriptionRide on a Colombian Creole horse along the fauna, flora, rivers, creeks and lakes that make the Andean highland a perfect scenario for a thrilling day out in nature during your stay in Bogotá. On this tour, you will be driven from Bogotá to a rural location 40 minutes to the south east of the capital. There, a local cowboy will be expecting you with tame - yet powerful - horses ready for the adventure. After some instructions and advice, you'll start the ride, in the company of a guide (if option selected). Going up to 3,200 MAMSL, you will enter an Andean ecosystem, which is very different to the stereotypical image of the tropical jungle many visitors have about Colombia. After an hour's ride, you'll reach a fantastic lookout point where you'll be able to see the Monserrate Hill and even Bogotá in the distance. After a break (for stretching your legs and having a snack), you'll head back to the ranch via another path, making a loop. Once back at camp, a hot homemade meal cooked by a local, using ingredients fresh from the garden, will be waiting for you. After lunch, you will be taken back to your hotel or any other place in Bogotá.
IncludesPrivate transportation to and from activity 1-hour ride Companion of a local guide (if option selected) Snack Typical homemade lunch Meals and drinks Personal expenses Tips Optional activity costs
- If no one in your group speaks Spanish, it is strongly suggested you hire a bilingual guide for this tour - an additional charge applies.
- If lunch is not available at the farm, it will be replaced with a stop for lunch at La Candelaria
- Bring sun-block, comfortable and warm clothing, and gloves if possible
- This activity does not require previous experience
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY