My Guide Website?
Pereira & Salento: Cocora Valley and Coffee Farm Day Tour12 Reviews
Explore the Cocora Valley and visit a specialized coffee farm on this epic day tour. Hike mountains and learn about Colombian coffee farming culture.
- Savor the sights and sounds on a hike through the incredible Cocora Valley
- Learn about the area, the Coffee Triangle, and importance of the wax palm trees
- Get an interesting, step-by-step guide through the full coffee farming process
- Explore a typical Colombian coffee farm and plantation on a guided tour
- Enjoy a Colombian coffee tasting and learn to recognize high-quality coffee
DescriptionTake an epic guided day tour across the Cocora Valley and visit a specialized coffee farm. Hike some of the valley’s mountains and learn about Colombian coffee farming culture. Finish your day with a delicious local Colombian coffee. The departure can be from Armenia, Salento or Filandia, where your guide will meet you and give you all the recommendations for the day. Start the tour by heading to the entrance of the valley, where you can appreciate the tall, stunning Wax palm trees, the national tree, which is environmentally important to the country. Then, head into the valley. Cocora Valley is one of the few entrance areas to Los Nevados National Natural Park, an environmentally protected park of snowy peak mountains. The valley is considered a Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia Heritage Site by UNESCO. Hike through the valley and enjoy some of the best views in the world. Be prepared to take lots of incredible photos, and if there are mists and winds, it only makes the landscapes look even more magical. Next, head to the coffee farm. Meet a coffee expert that will walk you through the different areas of the farm to explain the different production steps: from the plantation, picking up the coffee cherries, taking out the bean, washing, roasting, and finally the grinding. Here, you’ll have a brief coffee tasting lesson with the baristas, who will teach you how to recognize the characteristics of Colombian high-quality coffee and answer all your questions while you enjoy a fresh, tasty coffee. Finish the tour with a deep appreciation of the importance of coffee to the country.
IncludesTour guide Pickup and drop-off Coffee tasting Cocora Valley entry
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately The hike will go up and down hills and rugged trails so bring comfortable hiking shoes and a cane if needed Bring comfortable shoes and water Bring sunscreen
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromCOP 447,200.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today