My Guide Website?
Pereira/Salento: Cocora Valley and Salento Horseback Riding3 Reviews
Discover Colombia’s beauty through its national parks. Enjoy a guided tour as you take in beautiful views of Cocora Valley, famous for its wax palm trees and the nearby Coffee Triangle.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visiting Salento on the back of a horse
- Exploring stunning landscapes
- Getting in touch with locals
- Learning about the Coffee Region, its fauna and flora like the National Palm Tre
- Unforgettable memories of your trip to Cocora Valley
DescriptionWhat about getting into the woods like a total adventurer rider? Let us surprise you with this trip. The Cocora Valley is a great natural park surrounded by misty green hills and mind-boggling landscapes full of Wax Palm Trees, the Colombian national tree. Its location on the Coffee Triangle and its closeness to Los Nevados Natural Park made them worthy of Unesco’s recognition as the Coffee Cultural Landscape of Colombia Heritage Site. In this 6-8 hour tour, you will get amazed by the natural sceneries by visiting the main spots of this park surrounded by trees and coffee farms. First, meet our skilled and experienced guide in the chosen departure point. He will take you to Salento where your horses will be set and ready for you to ride them. This is where the adventure actually starts. The horses will drive you through different viewpoints. Stop and stare at the magnanimity of the landscapes. Let our guide tell the stories of the region and everything you need to know to appreciate the place even more. Afterward, you will be ready to go to the Cocora Valley and ride the willys, the most traditional cars in the coffee culture: old jeeps that were the main transport for coffee growers to cross wild roads among nature. Last but not least, we will call it a day once your guide will take you safely to the chosen arrival point.
IncludesGran Colombia Tours Guide Pick-up and drop-off Horse rental Horse handler Entry to the Cocora Valley All risk insurance
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately This tour is better if you know how to ride a horse Don’t forget your camera. There will be viewpoints along the ride Bring comfortable shoes and clothes Keep hydrating constantly and use sunscreen Keep in mind the horseback ride starts in Salento and not in Cocora Valley for its preservation