My Guide Website?
Popayán: Gastronomic Wonders and City Tour2 Reviews
Enjoy the culture mixture that cohabits in Popayan results in authentic gastronomy that is itself difficult to find anywhere else in the country that hold traditions of more than 400 years old!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Leticia: Amazonas Natural and Cultural 5-Day Tour
- Cartagena, Colombia: Sunset Pirate Cruise with Open Bar
- From Cartagena: Speedboat Tour to Tierra Bomba Island
- From Medellin: Guatape El Peñol with Boat, Breakfast & Lunch
- From Medellín: Dream Hammocks, Zipline, & Waterfall Day Trip
- Immerse in the gastronomic culture of Popayán
- Let your taste experience new flavors
- Share with the local community
DescriptionMany travelers who visit Popayán know a little about the history and cultural diversity of Colombia's colonial capital but very few have the opportunity to get a closer look at its local culture and traditions. In addition to its rich history, colonial architecture, monuments, statues, white buildings, cobblestone streets and street lamps, the White City has one of the most recognized and authentic gastronomies at the national level and was recognized by UNESCO in 2005. During this guided tour you will understand the rich history behind its colonial architecture, big monuments, statues, white buildings, cobble stoned streets and street lanterns that make you feel like in the Middle Age, through the distinctive gastronomy that the white city has to offer for those who know where to find it. On this tour, you will try the following delicacies and icons of the traditional gastronomy of Popayan: 1. Salpicón payanés or champús (fruit punch) 2. Carantantas (huge corn chips) 3. Aplanchaos (sweet puff pastry) 4. Empanaditas de pipian (fried corn pastry) 5. Tamales de pipian (ground potato and pork - filled leaf) 6. Mazamorra (sweet maiz soup) 7. Exotic fruits and more empanadas in the local market (if you are interested in this extra stop please let us know!) Don't miss the opportunity to discover the magic of Popayán with us. Pack your bags, prepare for unforgettable moments, and get ready to create lifelong memories. We look forward to welcoming you on board!
IncludesKnowledgeable Guide in the language of your preference Designated snacks and meals
- The price you paid for the service does not include 19% V.A.T. This benefit only applies to foreigners entering as tourists, so it is necessary that you send us as proof a copy of your passport and the photo of the entry stamp to the country. As required by the national tax authority.