Salento: Coffee Tour at Finca El Ocaso
Visit a traditional and sustainable coffee farm close to Salento and learn about the coffe region's history, traditions, and cultural heritage.
- Visit a traditional and sustainable coffee farm close to Salento and learn about the steps required to produce a cup of coffee from the very beginning
- Learn about tradition and the region's history, heritage, and development in relation to coffee farming
- Experience a coffee tasting and learn how to recognize flavors
- Get in touch with nature while you walk through coffee plantations and native trees
DescriptionDiscover the coffee region of Colombia, which is recognized for its strong coffee-growing tradition, colorful and ornamented architecture, and rich biodiversity. Experience all of these at this typical coffee farm that will surprise you with its organic and tasty coffee. Be picked up at your hotel in Salento and take a short drive outside of town to Finca El Ocaso. First, hear the story of the coffee region, and understand its development and culture which went hand in hand with the local coffee-growing economy. Then, discover the step by step agricultural processes which goes into producing coffee beans. Walk along a trail surrounded by diverse plants, birds, and clean water, and learn how this special ecosystem provides great conditions for coffee farming. Learn about the delicate selection process and treatment of the coffee beans that follows the hand-selected harvest. Note the different aromas produced by different types of coffee roasting and grounding with the help of knowledgeable coffee tasters. Enjoy a coffee tasting experience where you will learn how to recognize unique flavors present in Colombian coffee. Notice how different flavors manifest in accordance with different preparation methods. Finally be returned to your hotel in Salento or any other place in the town of your convenience.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Salento Spanish and English-speaking guide Coffee tasting Lunch Optional gratuities Personal expenses
- The English guided tour is only available in the afternoon
- The Spanish guided tour is only available in the morning
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability