Salento: Quindío Magical Towns Private Tour with Local Lunch
Visit the colorful and charming towns of Quindio and allow yourself to be captivated by their picturesque facades, exquisite coffee, friendly locals, and mesmerizing mountainous scenery.
- Visit the traditional towns of Quindio to learn about their culture and heritage
- Admire the towns' array of colorful houses adorned with intricate ornamants
- Discover the process of coffee making at two small coffee farms
- Taste the flavors of local cooking as you enjoy a traditional Sancocho for lunch
DescriptionThe day begins with pickup from your hotel at 8:00 AM and heads to Rio Verde Quindio where a Jeep will be waiting to drive you uphill to Buenavista. Arrive at the top and soak up magnificent views of Cauca Valley then visit a nearby coffee farm to learn about the process of coffee production. Enjoy a tour of the plantation, meet the workers, and discover how coffee is harvested, prepared, and dried. Continue onto the town of Pijao and set off on a walk though the picturesque streets lined with beautiful houses. Admire the array of eclectic buildings painted in vibrant colors and adorned with ornaments. As you explore, learn about the history of this small town and the process of colonization that gave birth to the region, as well as the impact of the ‘coffee boom’. Afterwards, visit a local family’s craft workshop where you can see how traditional crafts are made. Once you’ve worked up a bit of an appetite, enjoy a delicious Sancocho for lunch, which is a traditional soup made with large pieces of meat and vegetables served in broth. After a tasty meal, travel to the last stop of the day, another small coffee farm. Learn about the different brewing methods and ingredients that change the taste of coffee, then try a cup yourself. At the end of an unforgettable day begin the return joinery to Rio Verde, soaking up the incredible views as you are dropped off at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off English or Spanish-speaking guide Entry tickets to attractions mentioned Lunch Coffee tasting Unspecified food or drinks Gratuities
- • Lunch is a typical Colombian Sancocho made with meat. Please let the local operator know if you have any dietary restrictions
- Changes to the tour may occur due to external factors. In this event, you will be notified
- For further information and to confirm the pickup location, please contact the operator
- This tour includes insurance. Please send your passport number at the time of booking to email@example.com in order for insurance to be issued
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability