My Guide Website?
Santa Marta: Old City, Quinta San Pedro, and Taganga’s Bay2 Reviews
Dive into the rich culture and beauty of Santa Marta on a guided tour. See the sights in the historical center, explore the Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino, visit the stunning Taganga bay, and more.
- Historical landmarks of Santa Marta city
- A walk along the old city and a guided tour in the Tayrona Gold Museum
- A visit and guided tour inside Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino, Simon Bolivar’s death place
- Unforgettable memories of the oldest city of the country
DescriptionSanta Marta was founded in 1525. It is the oldest city of Colombia, and the second oldest in Latin America. Its colonial houses, streets, natural parks, and bays hold the country and city’s history of indigenous roots and Spanish conquest. In the present time is a sign of the Caribbean joyful traditions. Come with us. If you enjoy discovering the best of the cities, trust us: this tour is perfect for you. Start this full-day tour by meeting the expert local guide who will pick you up from your hotel. Firstly, you will visit the old city’s most emblematic places. Parque de Los Novios, Simón Bolívar Park, and the monument of Santa Marta’s founder Rodrigo Bastidas, among others. Then, you will go to the old city’s main Cathedral and the Tayrona Gold Museum, where the vestiges of the metalwork done by ethnic groups of the region remain and resist the passing of time. Afterward, jump to La Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino, a 17th-century hacienda, which is nowadays one of the most recognized and touristic spots in Santa Marta for being home and death place to Simon Bolivar, the “father of South American independence”. Learn about his life and enjoy its enormous gardens and patios covered by the trees’ shade before going to a whole different place. After having a delicious gastronomic experience, you will be headed to Taganga, a small fishing village surrounded by cliffs on both sides and with great panoramic views of the Caribbean and the imposing mountains of the region. In the end, the guide will take you back to the hotel. Santa Marta is way more than its downtown and you will prove it after this tour that will make you feel you have done it all.
IncludesGran Colombia Tours Guide Hotel pick-up and drop-off Entry to Tayrona Gold Museum Entry to Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino Gastronomic experiences All-risk insurance
- Be aware this tour is walking Gold Museum closed on Mondays, however, our guide will give you options for another museum according to your interests Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately Don’t forget your camera Bring comfortable shoes and water. Keep hydrating constantly and use sunscreen
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromCOP 392,000.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today