In-transit Tour (Transport for 10 hours Layover)
Forget about long boring layovers at the airport. Make the most out of your time in Bogotá and get to see the main sights.
Are you a business owner in Colombia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Colombia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Ride a cable car all the way up to 3150 masl to Monserrate Sanctuary and contemplate Bogotá from above
- Walk through the picturesque cobblestone streets of the oldest neighborhood of Bogotá, La Candelaria
- Contemplate the works of a great Colombian contemporary artists at Botero Museum
- Understand the social and historical dynamism that has given shape to Colombia at Plaza de Bolívar
- Find the perfect souvenir at one of the most complete handicraft markets in town
DescriptionOur goal is to help visitors make the most out of Bogotá, even if it is just about a few hours stay. This tour was designed by the team for travelers with a layover in Bogotá and those who don’t want to miss the chance of seeing the Andean capital. After picking your group up at the airport, you will head to Monserrate Sanctuary, located on the imposing eastern hills of the city at an altitude of 3150 MAMSL. Ascending to the top of the mountain by cable car, you will reach the most notorious pilgrimage point of the city and one of the best lookout points over the capital. This is by far the best spot to make a historical and spatial contextualization of the city. Then you will head down to wander through the picturesque cobblestone streets of La Candelaria. You will visit the Botero Museum, which holds the works of this eccentric artist who has become the icon of Colombian contemporary art. You will make a stop at Chorro de Quevedo and appreciate the diverse contrasts that the historical center offers, helping to understand Colombian history. After the walking tour in La Candelaria, you will reach Plaza de Bolivar; historical epicenter of Bogotá. The main square is surrounded by the administrative and governmental buildings that have been icons of the historical processes carried out here. You will have the chance to enter the Prime Cathedral. You will also have lunch at a local restaurant and then continue the tour to Zona G, Zona T, Zona Rosa and Usaquén where you’ll have the time to take a coffee break before heading back to the airport in time for your flight.
IncludesPrivate transportation from and to your hotel or any drop off point of your preference 10 hour car rental with knowledgeable and friendly driver Meals Drinks Souvenirs Gratuities and pictures (only if their available for sale)
- Make sure you include the full names of all the passengers, Hotel infomation, number of the Passport, and the complete flight details
- Dress code: Smart Casual
- All ages
- The driver takes the passengers to the main sights and waits parked outside or at a meeting point. The driver does not make guided visits inside the sights and museums.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
From Medellín: Guatapé and El Peñol Full-Day Tour
Experience one of the world's strangest stairways at the rock of El Peñol in Guatapé, and see the replica village relocated to make way for the hydroelectric dam of Peñol-Guatapé. Get picturesque views of the manmade lake after climbing the 730 steps.5 Reviews