Cali: Whale Watching in the Colombian Pacific
The pacific region of Valle Del Cauca is known for being a natural hot spot of the world. The beautiful beaches and virgin nature are home to an abundance of fauna and flora, including the humpback whale, which you will witness in all its splendor.
Are you a business owner in Colombia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Colombia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a typical breakfast and lunch of the region
- Marvel at the unique scenery from on the road and on the beaches
- Gaze and learn from the humpback whales and their babies
- Enjoy the manglars and the natural trails
- Sit back and relax in the exotic beaches and tropical jungles
Description'Suddenly, the calm of the waters of the Colombian Pacific is disrupted, when a 3-meter-wide fin repeatedly hits the surface. The mother and daughter play while the youngest learns how to maneuver her body with her giant fins. In 6 months, they will be indispensable, as she will have to travel more than 12,000 kilometers back to the Antarctic with her mother'. The Humpback Whale or 'Yubarta' is the leading character of the Colombian Pacific from July to October. This is the time during which the whales come to birth their calves, teach them how to survive, and to procreate with a male adult. On this Cali whale watching tour, cliffs, beaches, and bays become natural settings to witness this unique spectacle of nature. The unbeatable conditions will give you the opportunity to enjoy how these beautiful mammals emerge from the bottom of the ocean to perform for their guests, flapping their fins and making massive jumps. Enjoy the Pacific Region: predominantly jungle holding great biodiversity. The coast here is approximately 1,300 kilometers in length, and is one of the wettest regions of the planet full of beautiful natural landscapes and unique sunsets.
IncludesNative expert guide on whales • Transportation to and from Cali Breakfast, lunch and a snack Boat transportation from the port to the beach and back • All taxes at the port • Boat transportation to go whale watching (only one whale watching experience) Free afternoon at the beach Insurance and medical assistance Gratuities (optional) Anything else not mentioned above
- Please be aware that whale watching is a completely natural event, and even though they will appear most of the time, the pacific region is known for being a very rainy place and it might influence whether or not you get to see the whales (there will be no reimbursements if the whale sighting is not successful)
- Please wear comfortable shoes that can get wet Bring sunblock, insect repellent, a bottle of water, extra clothes, sandals, a towel, a hat, and sunglasses (or any other beach implements you might consider needing)
- If you take your camera or cell phone, make sure you take a plastic bag or a cover where they will be protected from the water
- The use of the life vest is obligatory by Colombian law while you are on any boat
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
From Medellin: Private Colombian Food and Drink Tour
Enjoy a delicious and comprehensive private food tour from Medellin. Try the most popular street food and local delicacies eaten almost daily by local people, as well asFrom COP 142,200
Bogotá: Breaking Borders Tour
See how tourism trumps violence on this amazing tour in Bogotá. These ex-gang members turned their life around and chose peace instead.
Bogota Chorrera Hike
You will travel approximately 45 minutes to the southern part of the hills. you'll be dropped off within the countryside, and there you will begin your hike through natur
Religious Bogota Tour
It might be surprising to discover how religion is embedded into Colombian society. It is a factor that defines many social and cultural aspects, and has a strong influen
From Medellín: El Retiro Private Tour with Food Tastings
Get back to nature in the mountains of Antioquia on a full-day private tour from Medellín. Visit the pretty towns of El Retiro, Llanogrande and San Antonio de Pereira, s3 ReviewsFrom COP 307,000
Bogotá: Craft Beer Tour with Tasting
Immerse yourself in the flavors of Colombia as you travel around some of Bogotá’s best craft beer locations. Taste a variety of local craft beers, play drinking gamesFrom COP 113,000
Majagua Island Day Trip from Cartagena
Enjoy a perfect day on the beach and get to know the beautiful island of Majagua in the Rosario Islands archipelago. Use your free time to top up your tan or avail of act1 ReviewsFrom COP 444,800
Bogotá 4 Hour Layover Tour
Get the most out of Bogotá, even just for a few hours. This tour, for a layover in Bogotá, is designed for visitors who don’t want to miss the chance to see the AndeaFrom COP 141,600
Welcome to Cartagena: Private Tour with a Local Guide
Get a welcome to Cartagena from a friendly and passionate local and discover the city like a resident. Learn the secrets about where to buy groceries, how to get around a1 ReviewsFrom COP 97,000
Medellín: Commune 13 Tour with Metrocable Ticket
Explore the vibrant Commune 13 area of Medellín and learn how the formerly dangerous district has been transformed into an artistic and cultural hub through exciting com9 ReviewsFrom COP 163,400