Cali: Whale Watching in the Colombian Pacific
The pacific region of Valle Del Cauca is known for being a natural hot spot of the world. The beautiful beaches and virgin nature are home to an abundance of fauna and flora, including the humpback whale, which you will witness in all its splendor.
Are you a business owner in Colombia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Colombia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a typical breakfast and lunch of the region
- Marvel at the unique scenery from on the road and on the beaches
- Gaze and learn from the humpback whales and their babies
- Enjoy the manglars and the natural trails
- Sit back and relax in the exotic beaches and tropical jungles
Description'Suddenly, the calm of the waters of the Colombian Pacific is disrupted, when a 3-meter-wide fin repeatedly hits the surface. The mother and daughter play while the youngest learns how to maneuver her body with her giant fins. In 6 months, they will be indispensable, as she will have to travel more than 12,000 kilometers back to the Antarctic with her mother'. The Humpback Whale or 'Yubarta' is the leading character of the Colombian Pacific from July to October. This is the time during which the whales come to birth their calves, teach them how to survive, and to procreate with a male adult. On this Cali whale watching tour, cliffs, beaches, and bays become natural settings to witness this unique spectacle of nature. The unbeatable conditions will give you the opportunity to enjoy how these beautiful mammals emerge from the bottom of the ocean to perform for their guests, flapping their fins and making massive jumps. Enjoy the Pacific Region: predominantly jungle holding great biodiversity. The coast here is approximately 1,300 kilometers in length, and is one of the wettest regions of the planet full of beautiful natural landscapes and unique sunsets.
IncludesNative expert guide on whales • Transportation to and from Cali Breakfast, lunch and a snack Boat transportation from the port to the beach and back • All taxes at the port • Boat transportation to go whale watching (only one whale watching experience) Free afternoon at the beach Insurance and medical assistance Gratuities (optional) Anything else not mentioned above
- Please be aware that whale watching is a completely natural event, and even though they will appear most of the time, the pacific region is known for being a very rainy place and it might influence whether or not you get to see the whales (there will be no reimbursements if the whale sighting is not successful)
- Please wear comfortable shoes that can get wet Bring sunblock, insect repellent, a bottle of water, extra clothes, sandals, a towel, a hat, and sunglasses (or any other beach implements you might consider needing)
- If you take your camera or cell phone, make sure you take a plastic bag or a cover where they will be protected from the water
- The use of the life vest is obligatory by Colombian law while you are on any boat
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Medellin: Social Innovation Private Tour
A tour promoting innovation with a social function. Medellin has long suffered from a bad reputation due especially to local drug cartels, but the city is changing whichFrom COP 158,400
Medellin Christmas Lights Tour
See the magical Christmas lights and festive decorations of Medellin on a 3-hour tour. Journey by private, air-conditioned car and stop to watch the dazzling light shows.3 ReviewsFrom COP 80,800
Medellin: Half-Day Graffiti Experience
Visiting the graffiti of Comuna 13 with the local artists themselves gives you an insight into the history and daily life in the area and the importance of street art forFrom COP 217,900
Private Tour of Lake Guatavitá from Bogotá
Learn about the legend of dorado and escape the bustle of Bogotá and explore the storied and sacred Lake Guatavitá.1 ReviewsFrom COP 258,600
Chocolate Experience and Workshop Private Tour
Visit a community chocolate project and make your very own chocolate. This daytrip takes you deep into the Eastern Highlands of Antioquia. The idyllic village of San FranFrom COP 326,800
Paragliding the Andes from Medellín
Head to the outskirts of Medellín to experience the extreme sport of paragliding. After you receive instruction and don your protective gear you’ll fly with a certifie8 ReviewsFrom COP 242,400
Tayrona National Park: Scuba Diving Tour
A day-trip to scuba dive in Tayrona National Park and its surroundings where you will discover coral, sponges, and colorful fish.
Bogota: Searching for El Dorado
On this tour, you will visit Guatavita Lake which has given birth to the El Dorado legend and the Gold Museum, which has the largest pre-Hispanic gold collection in the w
Cartagena: Salsa Bar-Hopping Night Tour
Take a bar-hopping tour through Cartagena's local salsa scene, and discover its history with friendly salsa dancing teachers and a knowledgeable salsa music lover.From COP 514,100
Bogota Salsa Night
Spend a fun night out in Bogota experiencing the world of salsa. Go club hopping with local guides and visit a variety of popular salsa clubs.From COP 261,700