Cali: Whale Watching in the Colombian Pacific
The pacific region of Valle Del Cauca is known for being a natural hot spot of the world. The beautiful beaches and virgin nature are home to an abundance of fauna and flora, including the humpback whale, which you will witness in all its splendor.
Are you a business owner in Colombia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Colombia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a typical breakfast and lunch of the region
- Marvel at the unique scenery from on the road and on the beaches
- Gaze and learn from the humpback whales and their babies
- Enjoy the manglars and the natural trails
- Sit back and relax in the exotic beaches and tropical jungles
Description'Suddenly, the calm of the waters of the Colombian Pacific is disrupted, when a 3-meter-wide fin repeatedly hits the surface. The mother and daughter play while the youngest learns how to maneuver her body with her giant fins. In 6 months, they will be indispensable, as she will have to travel more than 12,000 kilometers back to the Antarctic with her mother'. The Humpback Whale or 'Yubarta' is the leading character of the Colombian Pacific from July to October. This is the time during which the whales come to birth their calves, teach them how to survive, and to procreate with a male adult. On this Cali whale watching tour, cliffs, beaches, and bays become natural settings to witness this unique spectacle of nature. The unbeatable conditions will give you the opportunity to enjoy how these beautiful mammals emerge from the bottom of the ocean to perform for their guests, flapping their fins and making massive jumps. Enjoy the Pacific Region: predominantly jungle holding great biodiversity. The coast here is approximately 1,300 kilometers in length, and is one of the wettest regions of the planet full of beautiful natural landscapes and unique sunsets.
IncludesNative expert guide on whales • Transportation to and from Cali Breakfast, lunch and a snack Boat transportation from the port to the beach and back • All taxes at the port • Boat transportation to go whale watching (only one whale watching experience) Free afternoon at the beach Insurance and medical assistance Gratuities (optional) Anything else not mentioned above
- Please be aware that whale watching is a completely natural event, and even though they will appear most of the time, the pacific region is known for being a very rainy place and it might influence whether or not you get to see the whales (there will be no reimbursements if the whale sighting is not successful)
- Please wear comfortable shoes that can get wet Bring sunblock, insect repellent, a bottle of water, extra clothes, sandals, a towel, a hat, and sunglasses (or any other beach implements you might consider needing)
- If you take your camera or cell phone, make sure you take a plastic bag or a cover where they will be protected from the water
- The use of the life vest is obligatory by Colombian law while you are on any boat
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
From Medellin: Private Colombian Food and Drink Tour
Enjoy a delicious and comprehensive private food tour from Medellin. Try the most popular street food and local delicacies eaten almost daily by local people, as well asFrom COP 142,200
Bogotá: Half-Day Tropical Abundance Cooking Class
Take a cooking class in Bogotá with an English-speaking chef and learn how to do some of the best traditional local food with Colombian ingredients.
Medellin: Traditional Food Tour
Delight your taste buds will delicious local cuisine from some of Medellin's best eateries. All samples and drinks are included on this 3-hour food tour.2 ReviewsFrom COP 210,100
Rosario Islands Private Speedboat Tour from Cartagena
On this tour, get away from Cartagena for a while and go to the Rosario Islands with a private speedboat. Join a tour that's great for family and friends.
Medellín: City Tour by Electric Bike with Fruit & Coffee
Enjoy a guided tour through the vibrant city of Medellín on Electric bikes. Explore many iconic and local hot spots in 4-hours and enjoy a selection of tropical fruits a1 Reviews
Layover City Tour or Conexion in Bogota
Get to know the most important attractions of Colombia capital and enjoy the beauty of Bogotá visiting the historic center and getting a first impression of this coloredFrom COP 274,700
Private Tour of Lake Guatavitá from Bogotá
Learn about the legend of dorado and escape the bustle of Bogotá and explore the storied and sacred Lake Guatavitá.1 ReviewsFrom COP 258,600
Medellin Tango Tour
Medellín is a tourist destination that is well known for its rich cultural and artistic scene, and one of the musical rhythms that has managed to persist through time in1 ReviewsFrom COP 113,100
From Medellín: Full-Day Santa Fe de Antioquia Tour
Explore Santa Fe de Antioquia as you learn more about Colombia's first colonial city before visiting the Occidente Bridge on this full-day tour from Medellín.2 ReviewsFrom COP 242,400
Private Medellin City Tour
Enjoy 3-in-1 private tour getting a full picture of Medellín's main highlights, such as the Botero statues and colonial churches. Go to the replica Antioquian village ofFrom COP 193,900