Cali: Whale Watching in the Colombian Pacific
The pacific region of Valle Del Cauca is known for being a natural hot spot of the world. The beautiful beaches and virgin nature are home to an abundance of fauna and flora, including the humpback whale, which you will witness in all its splendor.
Are you a business owner in Colombia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Colombia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a typical breakfast and lunch of the region
- Marvel at the unique scenery from on the road and on the beaches
- Gaze and learn from the humpback whales and their babies
- Enjoy the manglars and the natural trails
- Sit back and relax in the exotic beaches and tropical jungles
Description'Suddenly, the calm of the waters of the Colombian Pacific is disrupted, when a 3-meter-wide fin repeatedly hits the surface. The mother and daughter play while the youngest learns how to maneuver her body with her giant fins. In 6 months, they will be indispensable, as she will have to travel more than 12,000 kilometers back to the Antarctic with her mother'. The Humpback Whale or 'Yubarta' is the leading character of the Colombian Pacific from July to October. This is the time during which the whales come to birth their calves, teach them how to survive, and to procreate with a male adult. On this Cali whale watching tour, cliffs, beaches, and bays become natural settings to witness this unique spectacle of nature. The unbeatable conditions will give you the opportunity to enjoy how these beautiful mammals emerge from the bottom of the ocean to perform for their guests, flapping their fins and making massive jumps. Enjoy the Pacific Region: predominantly jungle holding great biodiversity. The coast here is approximately 1,300 kilometers in length, and is one of the wettest regions of the planet full of beautiful natural landscapes and unique sunsets.
IncludesNative expert guide on whales • Transportation to and from Cali Breakfast, lunch and a snack Boat transportation from the port to the beach and back • All taxes at the port • Boat transportation to go whale watching (only one whale watching experience) Free afternoon at the beach Insurance and medical assistance Gratuities (optional) Anything else not mentioned above
- Please be aware that whale watching is a completely natural event, and even though they will appear most of the time, the pacific region is known for being a very rainy place and it might influence whether or not you get to see the whales (there will be no reimbursements if the whale sighting is not successful)
- Please wear comfortable shoes that can get wet Bring sunblock, insect repellent, a bottle of water, extra clothes, sandals, a towel, a hat, and sunglasses (or any other beach implements you might consider needing)
- If you take your camera or cell phone, make sure you take a plastic bag or a cover where they will be protected from the water
- The use of the life vest is obligatory by Colombian law while you are on any boat
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
The Best of the Night: Andres Carne de Res
Enjoy an eveing at Colombia’s most famous bar-restaurant-nightclub. Andres Carne de Res is a spectacular mix of art, music, food and drinks.
From Medellín: Santa Fe de Antioquia Tour
Explore the well-preserved Santa Fe de Antioquia, and walk across the Puente de Occidente on this cultural tour from Medellín.
- Best Seller
Guatape: Full-Day Tour from Medellin
Visit the town of Guatape and the Piedra del Peñol. See the colorful zocalos, historic town center and bustling boardwalk of this lake resort.67 ReviewsFrom COP 113,100
Bogotá: Half-Day City Tour
See the best of Bogotá on a half-day city tour and discover landmark monuments and picturesque neighborhoods. Go to the city's historic heart at Plaza de Bolívar, admir16 ReviewsFrom COP 123,100
Bogotá: Private Bike Tour
This Bogotá bike tour offers you biking equipment and a private English-speaking guide as you bike through the city center, La Candelaria, enjoy the local graffiti art,From COP 121,600
From Bogotá: 3-Day El Cocuy Excursion
On this Sierra Nevada del Cocuy Tour, enjoy an amazing 3-day excursion to a magnificent national park with an experienced English-speaking guide with knowledge of the mou
From Medellín: El Peñón Rock and Guatapé Town Private Tour
Experience the great granite rock of El Peñón and the lush green landscape and colorful town of Guatapé on a private tour from Medellín. Venture into the surrounding1 ReviewsFrom COP 371,700
Coffee Farm Experience from Medellin
This tour is perfect for you if you don´t have time to go on a full day tour but still want to discover the secrets behind Colombia’s famous coffee and visit an authen
Bogota Food Market Tour
When in Colombia you need to try Colombian cuisine. This Colombian food tour will give you a sample of some staple Colombian snacks and fruits, many that you won't be ablFrom COP 155,100
Majagua Island Day Trip from Cartagena
Enjoy a perfect day on the beach and get to know the beautiful island of Majagua in the Rosario Islands archipelago. Use your free time to top up your tan or avail of act1 ReviewsFrom COP 444,800