My Guide Website?
Bogotá: Monserrate, La Candelaria and City Walking Tour204 Reviews
Discover the wonders of Bogotá on a sightseeing tour. With an expert guide, explore the vibrant downtown area, visit the fascinating Gold Museum, learn about the region’s gang history, taste local beverages, and ride the cable car to Monserrate.
- Visit the most iconic and historical landmarks in the downtown area
- Learn about local Indigenous history and see Indigenous jewelry at the Gold Museum
- Taste a traditional alcoholic beverage known as chicha
- Admire the eclectic array of architecture including Baroque and Art Deco
- Uncover the history of the national drug trade through street art
DescriptionDive into Bogotá’s diversity by joining a city tour. Start by meeting your local guide at your hotel. Proceed first towards the viewpoints of Monserrate. Take the cable car up the mountain to enjoy the most breathtaking views of this city: the whole length of the valley from the best vantage point. After making your way back down La Candelaria, you will walk its cobblestoned streets, surrounded by colonial architecture to the spectacular Gold Museum. Learn about the region's ancestors through their remains of metalwork made before the arrival of the Spanish. Your guide will retell the transition from indigenous to Spanish colonization at the foundational square of Chorro de Quevedo. Taste some chicha, an ancestral corn-based fermented drink nearby, in addition to some juices and snacks. Visit Simón Bolívar Square and learn how politics and conflict relate to each other and its current challenges with a peace agreement already signed. Then, make your way to the Botero Museum and see some of the greatest works of Colombian modern painter, Fernando Botero. After a fulfilling day, finish by tasting a cup of Colombian coffee, at a place where local and friendly baristas will teach you the basics about one of Colombia's most famous exports. Choose for yourself the duration of the tour. It can be for 7 hours with Monserrate, Gold Museum and Botero Museum, or 5 hours with either Monserrate or museums.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Tour guide Cable car two-way ticket to Monserrate (if chosen) Entry to the Gold Museum and Botero Museum (if chosen) Chicha and coffee tasting Fruit and juice tasting All-risks insurance
- This is a walking tour
- The tour runs rain or shine
- The Gold Museum is closed on Mondays; your guide will provide you with options for another museum
- The Botero Museum is closed on Tuesdays; your guide will provide you with options for another museum
- You’ll be able to choose the duration of the tour. It can be for 7 hours with Monserrate, Gold Museum and Botero Museum, or 5 hours with either Monserrate or museums.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromCOP 313,900.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today