My Guide Website?
Bogotá: Monserrate, La Candelaria and City Walking Tour329 Reviews
Discover the wonders of Bogotá on a sightseeing tour. With an expert guide, explore the vibrant downtown area, visit the fascinating Gold Museum, learn about the region’s gang history, taste local beverages, and ride the cable car to Monserrate.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Medellín: Private Comuna 13 Street Art Tour
- Medellín: Private Pablo Escobar Tour with Cable Car Ride
- Bogota: Guatavita and Salt Cathedral Daily Group Tour
- Cali: Discover Cali City Highlights and Local Drink
- Medellín: E-bike and Foodie Tour
- Historical landmarks in downtown Bogotá
- Top attractions including Botero Museum, Gold Museum and Monserrate hill
- A thorough lesson on Colombian recent history: armed conflict, state and peace
- Local experiences of traditional food tasting
- A day full of contrasts, experiences and memories of a complete Bogotá tour
DescriptionIn this Bogota tour you will walk its cobblestoned streets, surrounded by colonial architecture. Listen the guide retelling the transition from indigenous to Spanish colonization at the foundational square Chorro de Quevedo and taste chicha (an ancestral corn-based fermented drink). Nearby you will also taste some Colombian flavor through fruits and natural juices. Head to Bolivar Square and learn how politics and conflict relate to each other and its current challenges with a peace agreement already signed. Also, get to see the main buildings around this square: Palace of Justice, the National Capitol and the Town Hall; as well as the Presidential Palace and the Primary Cathedral of the city. After a fulfilling city tour, finish this journey in the best way possible, by tasting a cup of Colombian coffee, at place where local and friendly baristas will teach you the basics about our treasured good. Of course, time for lunch will be given as well as recommendations from the guide. You can’t leave this Bogotá tour without visitin the main hill of the city: Monserrate. You will take the cable car up the mountain to enjoy the most amazing and breathtaking views of this city: the whole length of the valley from the best vantage point. You will also see the Basilica of Monserrate and understand why is so important this place for locals. Besides visiting La Candelaria (and/or Monserrate) in this Bogotá tour, you can jump to Botero Museum to see a high-quality selection of national and international art. Also, learn about our ancestors through their remains of metalwork made before Spaniards arrival in the Gold Museum. Two experiences that will make the walking experience a complete introduction to the city.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Tour guide Cable car two-way ticket to Monserrate Entry to the Gold Museum and Botero Museum (if chosen) Chicha and coffee tasting Fruit and juice tasting All-risks insurance
- This is a walking tour
- The tour runs rain or shine
- The Gold Museum is closed on Mondays; your guide will provide you with options for another museum
- The Botero Museum is closed on Tuesdays; your guide will provide you with options for another museum
- You’ll be able to choose the duration of the tour. It can be for 7 hours with Monserrate, Gold Museum and Botero Museum, or 5 hours with only Monserrate