My Guide Website?
Cartagena: Private City Tour in an Air-Conditioned Vehicle31 Reviews
Enjoy the comfort of a private guided tour with your partner, friends, or family. Discover the most important highlights of Cartagena de Indias, and its historical heritage dating back to 1984.
- See all the most important sights of Cartagena de Indias
- Explore the neighborhoods of Getsemani, the historical center, the modern area of Bocagrande, the bay of Cartagena and the port district of Manga
- Enjoy the experience of learning the culture of the Caribbean, visit the craft market, enjoy the cuisine and learn about the history of the city
- Visit the convent of La Popa, San Felipe de Barajas Castle and other monuments of the city
- Tour the city in comfortable vehicles with air conditioning and luxury service and a tour guide that will involve you in unforgettable experiences
DescriptionMake the most of this private tour to visit the principal sites of interest in the old city of Cartagena — all while traveling in comfort, on board a luxury air-conditioned vehicle. Starting in the downtown area, you will head to the Manga neighborhood, where you can appreciate the beautiful mansions built at the beginning of the 20th century. Continue on to the highest part of the city, where there is a convent dating from the beginning of the 17th century. Visit the San Felipe de Barajas Fortress, considered the most important fortification in South America. From here, you will head to the walled city, with a stop for some shopping. Following a little retail therapy, visit the different squares of the city and admire the old colonial houses. After a journey of historical discovery, fast-forward to the present day and explore the modern part of Cartagena, including the Bohemian neighborhood of Gethsemane. This neighborhood is so authentically charming and on the cusp of a commercial explosion. Immerse yourself in Spanish colonial architecture, dance halls, graffiti art, boutique hotels, food vendors, and stunning public plazas. Then head to the old neighborhood of San Diego, and see the oldest bullring in Colombia, now a shopping center. Discover the square of San Diego with its imposing palaces Convent of San Diego (today a school of fine arts), and Convent of Santa Clara, where the luxurious Sofitel Legend is located today. End with a walking tour of the main churches and squares of the walled city to the Clock Tower.
IncludesDriver Professional tour guide Bottled water Hotel pickup and dropoff (from selected areas) Port pickup and dropoff Private tour Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle Two entrance tickets for attractions
- Bring comfortable shoes - there will be a lot of walking on uneven surfaces
- Don’t forget your sunglasses and a head towel
- Wheelchair accessible (including all transportation)
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: names of travellers, ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- The attraction named 'La Popa' is subject to availability and can be replaced with a visit to museums or churches
- Please ensure you do not suffer from serious medical conditions