My Guide Website?
From Bogotá: Chingaza National Park Eco Tour8 Reviews
If you are a lover of travel and ecology, and care for the environment and pure air, then this place may interest you. Chingaza National Park is located in the Eastern Cordillera of the Colombian Andes, northeast of Bogotá.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Make a magical connection with nature
- Learn about the history of this place
- Enjoy the stunning landscape of the Chingaza National Park
DescriptionThe tour begins at 7:00 AM in the reception of your hotel or accommodation. If you wish we can make a short stop in the town of La Calera to buy something that catches your attention or something to eat. Then head to Chingaza National Park, located in the Eastern Cordillera of the Colombian Andes, northeast of Bogotá. Chingaza National Park is a natural and cultural treasure, the magic of its mountains keeps secrets and thoughts inherited from the Muiscas and Guayupes, indigenous peoples who guarded this territory, as well as peasant communities that inhabited the region less than 40 years ago. Today it is a refuge for the fauna and flora of the Andes that reveal to the visitor the secret of life. It was created in May 1977. The park has an extension of 76,600 hectares and heights between 800 and 4,050 meters above sea level. It has warm and cold temperatures and moor climates. It includes ecosystems as varied as wetlands, jungles, and humid forests. The temperature ranges between 4 and 21.5 °C. At the entrance of the natural reserve, our local guide will be waiting for you, who will guide us along the Rincón del Oso Trail, which begins at the Piedras Gordas Control Post inside the Park. It is a beautiful high Andean forest trail for the appreciation of native flora and fauna. The guide will take you through the trails and paths of this paradise. If we are lucky, we will be able to appreciate the spectacled bears and deer that inhabit the area. The tour lasts 3 or 3.5 hours depending on your resistance. The tour will end with an incredible view of the mountain before returning to the city of Bogotá.
IncludesNational Park fees Bottled water Snacks Local guide Hotel pick-up
- A confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, participants with back problems or participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Please note, a moderate amount of walking is involved
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- At the time of booking, please provide your hotel details as well as the name and date of birth of each customer