My Guide Website?
From Bogotá: Lake Guatavita and the El Dorado Legend Tour1 Reviews
On this day trip from Bogota to New Guatavita and Lake Guatavia learn about the legend of El Dorado and why a small town was flooded and rebuilt as you explore the area with your guide.
- Enjoy a guided visit of Guatavita Natural Park, New Guatativa, and Lake Guatavita
- Listen to retellings of the ancestral myths and legends of Guatavita Lake
- Learn the history of local indigenous folklore
- Get a lesson on the local fauna and flora
DescriptionA two-hour drive from busy Bogotá there is a lake synonymous with the legend of El Dorado and a whole town submerged beneath it. Today you will not find the city of legend, but a place rich with colonial history and indigenous mythologies. Join this day trip to New Guatavita and learn why the original town was flooded. Then, go on a short hike to the lake and discover what this unique ecosystem has to offer. On the shores of the lake, learn with the local expert about the old indigenous traditions that gave this lake its renown and the possible reasons behind the wonderous legend. On your way back, you can choose to enjoy a traditional lunch with a wonderful view of the neighboring water reservoir before visiting the town’s artisanal market. Finally, take in one last look and you will be on your way back to Bogotá.
IncludesHotel pick up and drop-off Guide Private transportation Entry to Guatavita Natural Park Guided visit of the Guatavita Natural Park All-risks insurance
- • Please note that lunch is not included • Guatavita Lake is closed every Monday