My Guide Website?
From Santa Marta: 4-Day Lost City Discovery Tour
A 4-day tour to the lost city, one of the oldest villages of the local Colombian indigenous culture. It is found on the north face of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, and once here you can learn of the culture and interact with the daily local life.
- Learn about the archaeological zone of the ancient indigenous tribes
- Enjoy the nature and landscapes that the walks offer
- Interact with the ancestral culture of the indigenous people
- Photograph the archaeological zones and natural areas
- Enjoy the typical food of the region and the variety of fresh fruits that the area offers
DescriptionDay 1: After being picked up from your Santa Marta hotel at 9:30AM, you will travel by car for approximately 2.5 hours to the region of Mamey, where lunch will take place. After lunch, you will begin walking at approximately 3:00PM until you reach the first station, known in the region with the names of 'Cabañas de Adam'. Here you can enjoy the Honduras Creek, which is a beautiful natural pool. Dinner will be served later on at 6:30PM, and your bedrooms for the first day will consist of hammocks with mosquito nets. Day 2: After breakfast at 7:00AM, you will depart at 8:00AM and begin a hike which will last for approximately 14.7 kilometers before you arrive at the second station: 'Cabaña de Romualdo', home of the respected Mamo Indígina. In this same place you can enjoy the fabulous waters of the Buritaca River, with dinner being served at 6:00PM. Whilst here your guide will provide information regarding the indigenous culture, and your bedrooms for this day will be in beds or hammocks with mosquito nets. Day 3: This morning, you will leave from the 'Cabaña de Rumualdo' and depart to the lost city, where an explanation tour and photographs will made over a period of 3 hours. From the lost city you will return to the 'Cabaña de Gabriel' over a 7.6-kilometer journey. Once having arrived, you will partake in recreational activities, before dinner will be served before spending the night. Day 4: You will leave from the 'Cabaña de Gabriel' to the town of Mamey over a route of 15.6 kilometers, which will take approximately 6 hours. Once having arrived at the town of Mamey, you will return to Santa Marta with an arrival time of around 5:00PM.
IncludesEntrance ticket to the archaeological site of the (Lost City hike) Round trip transportation, with the possibility of staying at the Tayrona Park entrance Accommodation in hammocks or beds with mosquito nets All meals Purified water, fruits and snacks on the walk Contributions for the development of the peasant and indigenous communities of the region Guide service in Spanish and English Accident Insurance Free luggage storage service in the office Pick-up at your hotel or accommodation in Santa Marta or Taganga
- Please bring a small backpack, walking shoes or boots, t-shirts and shorts, a long sleeved shirt and long trousers (for evenings in camp), a bathing suit, a towel, socks, insect repellent (Nopikex brand available in Colombia is excellent), personal toiletries, a torch or flashlight, bottles for water, personal medication, a camera Please arrive for the tour fully insured for accidents Bring a deck of playing cards or a book if desired
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromCOP 2,828,000.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today