Medellín: Coffee Tour With Tastings and Lunch100 Reviews
Get a complete understanding of Colombian coffee, renowned all over the world for its quality and delicious taste. Discover its history, origin, cultivation, and the beans themselves. Learn how to make and taste different kinds of coffee.
- Get to know the coffee culture of Colombia on a day-trip from Medellín
- Enjoy guided coffee tastings from your knowledgeable guide
- Learn the processes needed to make Colombian coffee par excellence
- Dress up like a local Colombian muleteer with a poncho and hat
- Take an optional horseback ride through the stunning scenery
DescriptionHead out to San Sebastián de Palmitas, just 45 minutes from Medellín, to begin your unique coffee tour. After hotel pick-up, set off for a coffee-making farm and enjoy listening to a brief history about the origin of the coffee and how it was first brought to Colombia. Take the chance to dress in the typical costume of the paisa muleteer, including hat, poncho, paruma, and the tail of a rooster. Later, move on to a coffee plantation to carry out the coffee harvest, reducing the mixture to a pulp and finally, drying it. After these activities, sit down for a refreshing drink of musilago (coffee juice) and a tea made from the coffee pulp. Savor a typical dish from the region made of banana with honey and cheese. Hear your guide explain some techniques on how to prepare and drink coffee and have a short tasting of different coffees and servings. Later, try a typical dish of the paisa muleteer consisting of rice, yuca, ground beef, boiled egg, sausage, and banana. Try preparing your coffee to your own taste with the information you have just learned from your guide. Finally, receive a pack of coffee as a gift and have the chance to buy farm products at the shop. If the option is chosen, also experience a 2 hour horseback ride through the farm to some viewpoints. All instructions will be given to inexperienced riders.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop-off from the metropolitan area of Medellin or at Parque Poblado Typical lunch Coffee tastings Drinks made from coffee beans and pulp Snack 1 pack of coffee to take home as a gift Horseback ride (if the option is chosen) Gratuities
- • This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility • You will walk up hills and through coffee plantations to reach the top of the farm • It is recommended that you do not wear shorts or open-toe shoes
- Please provide full names and passport numbers at checkout
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability