My Guide Website?
Medellín: The Real Pablo Escobar Tour986 Reviews BEST SELLER
Explore the past of the murderous drug lord, Pablo Escobar on a guided tour from Medellin. Visit his grave and former residence, and learn about the detrimental effects his organization had on Colombia.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn the painful and bloody history behind the drug lord Pablo Escobar
- Discover La Catedral, the personal prison that Escobar built for himself
- See the soccer field he built and visit the site of his grave in Itagüí
- Learn about how Escobar tried to ingratiate himself with philanthropic efforts
DescriptionTour is in English, Begin your tour by visiting the site of Escobar’s former home, where he hid his family and had enemies plant bombs to kill him. Learn about the transformation of this site into a memorial park for victims of Colombia's drug war. Next, head to “la cathedral”, a jail Escobar built for himself in an agreement with the government, from which he later escaped. Afterward, visit the soccer field Escobar built, known for its visionary design, where he gave speeches in an attempt to make a foray into Colombian politics. To cap things off, make your way to the cemetery, where Escobar is buried along with his family and other members of his gang, including Griselda Blanco. By the end of the day, leave the tour with a better understanding of the negative impact that Escobar had on the country and the lives of the Colombian people.
IncludesRoundtrip transportation from Park Lleras, Poblado Knowledgeable guide Entrance to La Catedral Entrance to the cemetery Insurance
- This tour is only available in English La Catedral, the prison Escobar built for himself, is closed on Mondays