Horseback Riding Tour
Be amazed riding on a Colombian Creole horse along the fauna, flora, rivers, creeks and lakes that make the Andean highland a perfect scenario for a thrilling day out in nature during your stay in Bogotá.
Are you a business owner in Colombia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Colombia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Put on your blue jeans and drive for 40 minutes south west of the capital for a beautiful horseback ride
- Meet the cowboy who will be waiting for you with trained Colombian Creole horses ready for the adventure
- Ride through a beautiful Andean ecosytem full of lush vegetation for 2 hours and take a break at an amazing lookout with views over the Bogota savanna
- Enjoy a homemade lunch prepared especially for you by the cowboy's family with fresh ingredients from the garden
- Travelling back to Bogotá, make a stop at Cerro de Guadalupe for an amazing view over the capital
DescriptionBe amazed riding on a Colombian Creole horse along the fauna, flora, rivers, creeks and lakes that make the Andean highland a perfect scenario for a thrilling day out in nature during your stay in Bogotá. On this tour, you will be driven from Bogotá to a rural location 40 minutes to the south east of the capital. There, a local cowboy will be expecting you with tame - yet powerful - horses ready for the adventure. After some instructions and advice, you'll start the ride. Going up to 3,200 MAMSL, you will enter an Andean ecosystem, which is very different to the stereotypical image of the tropical jungle many visitors have about Colombia. After an hour's ride, you'll reach a fantastic lookout point where you'll be able to see the Monserrate Hill and even Bogotá in the distance. After a break (for stretching your legs and having a snack), you'lk head back to the ranch via another path, making a loop. Once back at camp, a hot homemade meal cooked by a local, using ingredients fresh from the garden, will be waiting for you. After lunch, you will be taken back to your hotel or any other place in Bogotá.
IncludesPrivate transportation from your hotel and to the place you want to go to afterwards A fit and well-trained horse 2 hour ride Companion of a local guide Snack Typical homemade lunch Bilingual guide Meals and drinks Personal expenses Tips and gratuities Optional activity costs
- If no one in your group speaks Spanish, it is strongly suggested you hire a bilingual guide for this tour - an additional charge applies.
- If lunch is not available at the farm, it will be replaced with a stop for lunch at La Candelaria
- Bring sun-block, comfortable and warm clothing, and gloves if possible
- This activity does not require previous experience
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Paragliding Activity with Transfers from Bogota
Experience the thrill of a tandem paragliding flight and the unique opportunity of seeing rural Colombian landscapes from the skies. Flying with an expert pilot, you’ll1 ReviewsFrom COP 372,500
Cali: San Antonio Forest Hiking and River Adventure
A guided hike through the San Antonio forest in which you will encounter various natural waterfalls and streams. You will encounter a variety of local birds and wildlife,From COP 193,900
Cartagena: Street Food Tour
Walk the streets of Cartagena and dive into its daily life and culture during this tasteful experience. Try 8 different traditional food samples such as locally-grown tro
Bogotá: Private Bike Tour
This Bogotá bike tour offers you biking equipment and a private English-speaking guide as you bike through the city center, La Candelaria, enjoy the local graffiti art,From COP 121,600
Bogotá Bicycle Tours, 4-5 Hours
Discover the less touristy side of Bogotá on a 4-hour bike ride through the city’s historic center, hidden markets and local neighborhoods. Visit a traditional fruit m52 ReviewsFrom COP 64,600
Medellin and Tango: Private Tour
Explore the famous tango culture of Medellin and visit the tango hot spots of the city.From COP 236,000
Medellin Metro: Private Tour
Ride Medellin's metro, stopping at the city's top sights and learning about its evolution into a global city.5 ReviewsFrom COP 80,800
Cartagena 4-Hour Guided City Tour
Discover the magic of Cartagena, declared a World Heritage Site for its architectural distinction and its history. Tour in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle in the co13 ReviewsFrom COP 145,400
Cali: Afternoon of Nature Trails on Horseback
Take a truly unique trip through picturesque nature trails on horseback on this guided tour in Cali. Enjoy a trail ride for people of all riding abilities, marvel at theFrom COP 248,900
From Bogotá: Full-Day Tour of the Catedral de Sal with Lunch
Explore the incredible Catedral de Sal with the help of your expert, English-speaking guide and indulge with a delicious, traditional lunch.From COP 488,000