Horseback Riding Tour
Be amazed riding on a Colombian Creole horse along the fauna, flora, rivers, creeks and lakes that make the Andean highland a perfect scenario for a thrilling day out in nature during your stay in Bogotá.
Are you a business owner in Colombia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Colombia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Put on your blue jeans and drive for 40 minutes south west of the capital for a beautiful horseback ride
- Meet the cowboy who will be waiting for you with trained Colombian Creole horses ready for the adventure
- Ride through a beautiful Andean ecosytem full of lush vegetation for 2 hours and take a break at an amazing lookout with views over the Bogota savanna
- Enjoy a homemade lunch prepared especially for you by the cowboy's family with fresh ingredients from the garden
- Travelling back to Bogotá, make a stop at Cerro de Guadalupe for an amazing view over the capital
DescriptionBe amazed riding on a Colombian Creole horse along the fauna, flora, rivers, creeks and lakes that make the Andean highland a perfect scenario for a thrilling day out in nature during your stay in Bogotá. On this tour, you will be driven from Bogotá to a rural location 40 minutes to the south east of the capital. There, a local cowboy will be expecting you with tame - yet powerful - horses ready for the adventure. After some instructions and advice, you'll start the ride. Going up to 3,200 MAMSL, you will enter an Andean ecosystem, which is very different to the stereotypical image of the tropical jungle many visitors have about Colombia. After an hour's ride, you'll reach a fantastic lookout point where you'll be able to see the Monserrate Hill and even Bogotá in the distance. After a break (for stretching your legs and having a snack), you'lk head back to the ranch via another path, making a loop. Once back at camp, a hot homemade meal cooked by a local, using ingredients fresh from the garden, will be waiting for you. After lunch, you will be taken back to your hotel or any other place in Bogotá.
IncludesPrivate transportation from your hotel and to the place you want to go to afterwards A fit and well-trained horse 2 hour ride Companion of a local guide Snack Typical homemade lunch Bilingual guide Meals and drinks Personal expenses Tips and gratuities Optional activity costs
- If no one in your group speaks Spanish, it is strongly suggested you hire a bilingual guide for this tour - an additional charge applies.
- If lunch is not available at the farm, it will be replaced with a stop for lunch at La Candelaria
- Bring sun-block, comfortable and warm clothing, and gloves if possible
- This activity does not require previous experience
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Medellin: Social Innovation Private Tour
A tour promoting innovation with a social function. Medellin has long suffered from a bad reputation due especially to local drug cartels, but the city is changing whichFrom COP 158,400
Medellin Christmas Lights Tour
See the magical Christmas lights and festive decorations of Medellin on a 3-hour tour. Journey by private, air-conditioned car and stop to watch the dazzling light shows.3 ReviewsFrom COP 80,800
Medellin: Half-Day Graffiti Experience
Visiting the graffiti of Comuna 13 with the local artists themselves gives you an insight into the history and daily life in the area and the importance of street art forFrom COP 217,900
Private Tour of Lake Guatavitá from Bogotá
Learn about the legend of dorado and escape the bustle of Bogotá and explore the storied and sacred Lake Guatavitá.1 ReviewsFrom COP 258,600
Chocolate Experience and Workshop Private Tour
Visit a community chocolate project and make your very own chocolate. This daytrip takes you deep into the Eastern Highlands of Antioquia. The idyllic village of San FranFrom COP 326,800
Paragliding the Andes from Medellín
Head to the outskirts of Medellín to experience the extreme sport of paragliding. After you receive instruction and don your protective gear you’ll fly with a certifie8 ReviewsFrom COP 242,400
Tayrona National Park: Scuba Diving Tour
A day-trip to scuba dive in Tayrona National Park and its surroundings where you will discover coral, sponges, and colorful fish.
Bogota: Searching for El Dorado
On this tour, you will visit Guatavita Lake which has given birth to the El Dorado legend and the Gold Museum, which has the largest pre-Hispanic gold collection in the w
Cartagena: Salsa Bar-Hopping Night Tour
Take a bar-hopping tour through Cartagena's local salsa scene, and discover its history with friendly salsa dancing teachers and a knowledgeable salsa music lover.From COP 514,100
Bogota Salsa Night
Spend a fun night out in Bogota experiencing the world of salsa. Go club hopping with local guides and visit a variety of popular salsa clubs.From COP 261,700