My Guide Website?
Bogota: Daily Group Tour of the Salt Cathedral Zipaquira685 Reviews
Take the day to explore the Zipaquira Salt Cathedral, voted Colombia's number 1 attraction. Explore the mine and the church built within the tunnels. Enjoy round-trip transportation in a luxury coach.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Leticia: Amazonas Natural and Cultural 5-Day Tour
- Cartagena, Colombia: Sunset Pirate Cruise with Open Bar
- From Cartagena: Speedboat Tour to Tierra Bomba Island
- From Medellin: Guatape El Peñol with Boat, Breakfast & Lunch
- From Medellín: Dream Hammocks, Zipline, & Waterfall Day Trip
- Venture 180 m under the earth to the Zipaquira Salt Cathedral
- Experience a group tour with round-trip transportation
- Learn about the process of salt formation and mining
- Witness a magical light show to end your trip
DescriptionTravel for 2 hours north of Bogotá to the city of Zipaquirá, where you will visit the renowned Salt Cathedral. Known as a must-visit in Colombia, it is a monument of faith that has become an architectural piece like no other. Explore the Roman Catholic church built in the ancient hollows of a salt mine, 180 meters below ground. Marvel at the cathedral’s architecture built within the mine’s remaining caverns and tunnels. You will have 2 hours inside the Cathedral to visit all the sights as the audio guide explains about the process of salt formation, the architecture, and the mining process within every detail. Inside the mine, there are different pieces of stonework and sculpture that, due to their size and illumination, make this spectacular wonder an engineering jewel, famous around the world. You may also visit the light show at the very end of the tunnels before returning to Bogotá.
IncludesRoundtrip transportation from Bogota Salt Cathedral entry tickets Audio guide and/or guide in Mine Free time in Zipaquirá Bilingual tour coordinator 24/7 customer support
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour begins and ends at Parque de la 93, the Candelaria stop is a benefit that we provide for those people who stay in the historic center.
- Arrival times for this tour depend on city traffic.
- Seats are assigned in order of arrival, if you have any special conditions or requirements, please notify us before the tour.
- It is recommended to bring your own wired headphones for the audioguide
- The date of birth, name on passport, passport number, expiry, and country is required at the time of booking for all participants