My Guide Website?
Bogota: Daily Group Tour of the Salt Cathedral Zipaquira366 Reviews
Take the day to explore the Zipaquira Salt Cathedral, voted Colombia's number 1 attraction. Enjoy round-trip transportation in a luxury coach. Explore the Roman Catholic church built within the tunnels of a mine.
- Venture 180 m under the earth to the Zipaquira Salt Cathedral
- Experience a small-group tour with round-trip transportation
- Learn about the process of salt formation and mining
- Witness a magical light show to end your trip
DescriptionTravel for 2 hours north of Bogotá to the city of Zipaquirá, where you will visit the renowned Salt Cathedral. Known as a must-visit in Colombia, it is a monument of faith that has become an architectural piece like no other. Explore the Roman Catholic church built in the ancient hollows of a salt mine, 180 meters below ground. Marvel at the cathedral’s architecture built within the mine’s remaining caverns and tunnels. You will have 2 hours inside the Cathedral to visit all the sights as the audio guide explains about the process of salt formation, the architecture, and the mining process within every detail. Inside the mine, there are different pieces of stonework and sculpture that, due to their size and illumination, make this spectacular wonder an engineering jewel, famous around the world. You may also visit the light show at the very end of the tunnels before returning to Bogotá.
IncludesSalt Cathedral entrance fees Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) Audio guide in Spanish, English, French, and Portuguese Free time in Zipaquirá Round-trip transportation from Bogota (Spanish-speaking driver only) Skip-the-line entry 24-hour customer support Insurance
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- It is recommended to bring your own wired headphones for the audioguide
- The date of birth, name on passport, passport number, expiry, and country is required at the time of booking for all participants