My Guide Website?
Bogota: Guatavita and Salt Cathedral Daily Group Tour169 Reviews
Visit Bogota's famous spots in one day on a tour to Guatavita Lagoon and the Salt Cathedral. See the inspiration for the legend of El Dorado and be in awe of the first wonder of Colombia.
- Vsit the Guatavita Lagoon, which was the main inspiration for the El Dorado legend
- Gain entrance to the Salt Cathedral
- Visit the town of Zipaquirá
DescriptionAfter gathering at either of the meeting points or being collected from your accommodation, your combination experience in Bogota will begin. First visit the Guatavita Lagoon, which was a source of inspiration for the Legend of El Dorado and the movie with the same name. The beauty of this place is sure to overwhelm you, and after some time there cross the savannah. In the afternoon, reach the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá, which was the First Wonder of Colombia due to its imposing architecture. In a single day, enjoy the indigenous spiritual cosmogony, Christian spirituality, the beauty of nature, and the grandeur of the architecture. At the end of your experience, you will be returned back to your point of origin.
IncludesSalt Cathedral and Guatavita entrance fees Fast-track entrance to the Salt Cathedral Audio guide in Spanish, English, and Portuguese during the tour Audio guide in Spanish, English, French, and Portuguese at the Salt Cathedral Round-trip transportation from Bogota Insurance
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Transfers may take a little longer than usual due to highway maintenance works