My Guide Website?
Cali: Sugar Cane Farm and El Paraiso Hacienda Day Trip
Take day trip from Cali to the historic El Paraiso Hacienda estate. See how important sugar cane production is at a sugar cane farm, try a sugar cane drink, and sit down a tasty Cauca Valley lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Leticia: Amazonas Natural and Cultural 5-Day Tour
- Cartagena, Colombia: Sunset Pirate Cruise with Open Bar
- From Cartagena: Speedboat Tour to Tierra Bomba Island
- From Medellin: Guatape El Peñol with Boat, Breakfast & Lunch
- From Medellín: Dream Hammocks, Zipline, & Waterfall Day Trip
- Savor local flavors with a delectable lunch of authentic Cauca Valley cuisine
- Walk through the elegant grounds and home in the El Paraiso Hacienda estate
- Uncover the story behind sugar cane production in Columbia at the museum
- Drink like a local with a sugar cane-based drink that is regionally popular
- Enjoy being picked up and dropped off directly at your accommodation in Cali
DescriptionColombia is a productive and fertile land. One of the goods it also produces is sugar cane and on this day trip you will understand its real importance. Come and visit El Paraíso Hacienda and explore the process of sugar cane while walking among its fields. Taste a traditional drink made from the same product and enjoy a typical valluno lunch. A tour created to immerse yourself in the unknown side of Cali. Your day will start early. The tour guide will pick you at the reception of your hotel. Once ready, both the driver and him will take you outside the city and after a couple of hours away you will get to the El Paraíso Hacienda. In here you will get to stroll around its nature, while the guide explains the environmental importance of the place and then you will be guided to the sugar cane hacienda. Once you arrive, you will meet the expert guide and you will take a walk around the hacienda with him. Right after, you will head to the sugar cane fields to learn about its growing and harvesting process. Cane is very important in the region because besides it is used as brown sugar, it also helps on some liquor production. While in the tour you will actually have the chance to taste a sugar cane-based traditional drink that can also be fermented. It is basically made using a machine that extracts the liquid out of the plant and it is massively drunk in this area of the country. Later on, after exploring the farm, you will rest your feet and you will enjoy the best Cauca Valley’s cuisine with a valluno lunch. By this time, the end of the tour is near, and the driver will be ready to take you back to your hotel in Cali.
IncludesGuide Hotel pickup and drop-off Entry to El Paraiso Hacienda Entry to the Sugar Cane museum Lunch Insurance
- This tour takes place in rain or shine