My Guide Website?
Bogotá: La Candelaria Graffiti & Urban Art Shared Tour59 Reviews
Discover graffiti and urban art in Bogotá's La Candelaria district on a guided walking tour. Learn about the cultural context behind the art, its history, and the challenges artists face today.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Feast your eyes on the work of talented street artists like 3 Manos and Ledania
- Enjoy a brief introduction to the socio-political context of graffiti production
- Hear thoughtful local insight into the murals that might otherwise be missed
- Pass by locations like La Concordia’s vibrant market and the Journalist’s Park
- Savor a local treat with a delicious cup of coca leaf tea at Café Herencia
DescriptionSee Colombia’s history as told by its street art on this guided walking tour of Bogotá. Find out why Bogotá has become prominent the world of spray painting as you admire its impressive murals. Stop at a local café along the way to try a coca leaf tea. Meet your guide in the Chorro de Quevedo Square. Walk thorugh the heart of the La Candelaria district. Go through an overview of the city’s iconic spray-painting works as you stroll along streets packed with graffiti art. Immerse yourself in how artists retell the story of their indigenous ancestry and its relation to the city. Get to know the work of local artists such as Carlos Trilleras, Wosnan, Ocio 4, and 3 Manos. Pass by La Concordia’s vibrant market and the Journalist’s Park. Each of these places have been meeting points and a melting pot of ideas and influences which have been key in defining the identity of Bogota’s downtown and the ideas street artists display in their work. View graffiti authored by women and hear about their role in the propagation of this art. Uncover artists like Bastardilla, Vera, and Ledania. Finish your tour by tasting a coca leaf tea at Café Herencia, a coffee shop that works and supports local artists
IncludesGran Colombia Tours Guide Socio-political context of street art Visit to several graffiti in Bogota’s downtown Colombian tea tasting All risk insurance An umbrella in case of rain
- Beware this tour can be in English and Spanish at the same time depending on the group We will provide an umbrella in case it rains Do not walk away from the group