My Guide Website?
Bogotá: Salt Cathedral & Lake Guatavitá Tour with Lunch
Visit the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá and take a nature hike to Lake Guatavitá on a day trip from Bogotá. Enjoy a traditional Colombian lunch.
- See the birthplace of the Legend of El Dorado
- Visit Lake Guatavitá and the Tominé Dam
DescriptionHead to the countryside from Bogotá on a 10-hour excursion to Zipaquirá. Discover the architectural achievements of architect Roswell Garavito Pearl and learn about history of salt exploitation in Colombia on a tour of the Salt Cathedral. Enjoy a typical Colombian meal at a local restaurant. See Independence Square, lovely colonial houses and the old church before continuing on to Lake Guatavitá. Take a short guided hike, admire the scenic landscape and discover the birthplace of the El Dorado legend. Take in views of the Tomine Reservoir before visiting the colonial town of Guatavitá. On the return trip to Bogotá stop at La Calera viewpoint for panoramic views of the city.
IncludesPrivate tour Hotel pick-up and drop off Bilingual guide in the Salt Cathedral and at Lake Guatavitá Entrance fees Lunch Alcoholic drinks Tips
- Sturdy walking shoes are recommended, as you will be hiking on a natural path
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- This activity is not recommended for those with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now