My Guide Website?
Bogotá: Sumapaz National Park Hike Tour with Lunch5 Reviews
Discover the natural side of Colombia on this full-day hiking tour through the Andean Páramo landscape of Sumapaz National Park. Get breathtaking views and eat a traditional lunch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit one of the highest plateaus in the world
- Trek through the largest Andean Paramo
- Hear stories about Chibcha indigenous myths and history
- Understand the importance of Paramos preservation
- Sit down to a traditional lunch
DescriptionExplore the unique and diverse ecosystem of the Andean Páramo landscape on a hiking trip through Sumapaz National Park. Trek the muddy trails and marvel at the amazing sights along the way. After a pickup from your hotel in Bogotá, travel to the Sumapaz region, reach heights between 3,500 and 4,000 MSLA (13.000 feet approximately). Start with a walk up through the slopes of the 178 thousand hectare haven. Learn the environmental importance of this rare ecosystem and its amazing flora. Be mesmerized by the water wells and the misty landscape. Hear stories from your guide about the indigenous traditions that were practiced before colonization. Understand the importance of preserving the Páramos for the stability of the region and the social and political challenges it has faced. After hiking, rest your weary feet and savor a delicious traditional meal in the Sumapaz Páramo, before heading back to your hotel in Bogotá.
IncludesGuide Hotel pickup and drop-off Lunch Entry to Sumapaz Hike inside the Natural Park All risk insurance
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately Please notify the guide during booking of any health conditions It is important to keep hydrated and use sunscreen (even if it’s cold)