My Guide Website?
Cartagena: National Aviary of Colombia Entrance Tickets11 Reviews
Visit the National Aviary of Colombia. Discover 170 bird species, 1500 specimens, and 21 exhibitions representing the birds' natural environments promoting sustainable and responsible care.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Immerse yourself in a sanctuary for birds containing 190 species
- See toucans, parrots, macaws, eagles, flamingos, and much more
- Find out more about the birds during complimentary presentations by the trained staff
- Explore a range of environments and exhibitions that mimic the birds' natural habitats
- Enjoy a day out with your family and friends
DescriptionSpend an amazing day with your friends and family in the National Aviary of Colombia. Explore seven hectares of wilderness that allow you to observe a unique and wonderful collection of birds from Colombia and Latin America. See the birds exhibited in a representation of their natural habitat, in environments very similar to those from which they originate. Through various ecological walking trails, discover 3 ecosystem environments — tropical rainforest, coastal zone, and desert — and 21 exhibitions divided into large immersion aviaries, radial aviaries, swamps, and lakes. These different landscapes and environments allow you to appreciate a great diversity of bird species. Enjoy a complimentary presentation by the trained staff at 11:30 AM or 3:30 PM to learn more about the biology and behavior of some bird species, and the importance of preservation. In the National Aviary of Colombia, there are 170 species of birds and about 1500 specimens. It will take about 1 to 2 hours to go around the whole park.
IncludesEntrance ticket Presentation on the biology and behavior of some bird species at 11:30 AM or 3:30 PM
- The bird park is about a 1-hour drive from Cartagena
- The options to get to the Bird Park are buying round-trip transportation at GetYourGuide, renting a car or taking the combo public bus + taxi