My Guide Website?
Violence & Post-conflict Walking Tour: after Medellin Cartel
Everything you need to know about the violence dynamics in Medellín before, during and after the Cartel and the struggle of the people to survive this and create a better future!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Leticia: Amazonas Natural and Cultural 5-Day Tour
- Cartagena, Colombia: Sunset Pirate Cruise with Open Bar
- From Cartagena: Speedboat Tour to Tierra Bomba Island
- From Medellin: Guatape El Peñol with Boat, Breakfast & Lunch
- From Medellín: Dream Hammocks, Zipline, & Waterfall Day Trip
- Narcos war period: conditions of emergence, cultural, social and economic conseq
- Strategies, heroes and communities in the pace making and social struggle of Med
- Transformation of the city: resistance and memories along an ongoing conflict.
- Urbanization of war: guerrillas, paramilitarism and drug traffic
- The process of changing “bullets for words and ideas”
DescriptionWithin the Colombian conflict, Medellín has a difficult but important place, it has been both the epicenter of the war and the urban victims, as well as the example of transition towards peace and the post-conflict. Starting at Parque San Antonio through downtown and finishing at Museo Casa de la Memoria, you will delve into that particularity of the city, while you discover its stories and get to know its main actors. You will learn about the changes that the violence there has had from 1982 to 2015, delving into what happened after the Medellín Cartel with 'Donbernabilidad' and how that past is present today. You will delve into the multiple characters and institutions that have acted in this context of war, peace and resistance, discussing their motivations, practices and transformations. Our specialized guides will accompany you with their knowledge and experiences in exploring the dynamics of that deep 'Medallo'. Dare to go further and be surprised by the efforts of a people to overcome their dark past and create a better present!
IncludesEnglish-speaking tour guide Accurate and objective knowledge of Medellín and Colombian history. We promise not to take sides. Sightseeing of important places in the center of Medellín, framed in the history of the conflict and reconciliation. Recommendations of material you can check out to keep yourself informed. Recommendations of Medellín´s cultural offer, which is centered on the different places we are going to visit.
- An open mind to comprehend all our history and be prepared to ask as many questions you have about the difficult topics we will talk about Umbrellas or capes. Please bring your favorite rainproof coat Water or your preferred form of hydration. This is a walking tour, and you may feel thirsty. Comfortable shoes and sunblock. You’ll walk about 5 km while also making some stops to listen to the guide. Mosquito repellent could be useful for the rainy season (March to June). Comfortable clothes. No pressure to look amazing, feel free to wear what makes you feel better. Keep your friends close, and your belongings even closer. We’ll visit some crowded areas, so don’t give papaya!