My Guide Website?
Historic Bogota's Downtown Walking Tour La Candelaria29 Reviews
Everything you need to know about the historic center of Bogota! We will travel in time from the beginning of our indigenous ancestors through the period of colonization to the present day!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Colombia:If youʻre booking your trip to Colombia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Leticia: Amazonas Natural and Cultural 5-Day Tour
- Cartagena, Colombia: Sunset Pirate Cruise with Open Bar
- From Cartagena: Speedboat Tour to Tierra Bomba Island
- From Medellin: Guatape El Peñol with Boat, Breakfast & Lunch
- From Medellín: Dream Hammocks, Zipline, & Waterfall Day Trip
- The origin of Bogota as the capital of the country
- The great Bolivar Square and the history of its buildings
- The controversial Bogota's Riot of 1948, known as El Bogotazo
- The Chicha as an ancestral drink, and as a heritage, in the Concordia market
- Iconic graffitis of Candelaria in El Embudo alleyway
DescriptionDiscover the places that have shaped the history of the city, and the country! In this a walking tour in La Candelaria, you’ll visit the beautiful historic center of Bogota, where you’ll learn about the history of the city while exploring it. Get in touch with the local culture, seeing the history come to life with stories from past and present. We’ll make sure to give you all the recommendations you may need to continue exploring Bogota on your own, whether you want to see all the museums, or eat in the best restaurants. This is a fun and informative walking tour full of curious facts about history, culture, gastronomy, architecture, places to visit, art and cultural offerings.
IncludesEnglish-speaking tour guide Accurate and objective knowledge of Colombian history. We promise not to take sides. Sightseeing of essential places in the historic center of Bogota (Candelaria). Benefits and discounts with our recommended partners if you show the wristband we give you at the end of the tour, exclusive for our participants. Chicha tasting (when available). Recommendations of local allies where you can have lunch, buy coffee, souvenirs, and more.
- An open mind to comprehend all our history. Umbrellas or capes. Please bring your favorite rainproof coat or umbrella, we can’t control the weather yet. Water or your preferred form of hydration. This is a walking tour, and you may feel thirsty. Comfortable shoes. You’ll walk about 7 km while also making some stops to listen to the guide. Comfortable clothes. No pressure to look amazing, feel free to wear what makes you feel better. Keep your friends close, and your belongings even closer. We’ll visit some crowded areas, so don’t give papaya!