Cartagena: Bazurto Market Food Tour by Anthony Bourdain1 Reviews
Follow Anthony Bourdain's steps to visit Bazurto, Cartagena's central market. Discover an authentic place full of history and culture as you eat the same fruits that surprised him and have lunch at the traditional spot he called "The Promise Land".
- Relive the Anthony Bourdain's culinary adventure in Bazurto Market, the most authentic place in Cartagena
- Get know the local fish varieties and savor the 'rainbow of fruits' that was remarkable during his visit
- Feel the real Cartagena spirit while walking Bazurto's mazes
- Meet little merchants and traditional cooks to take home their stories and recipes
- Have lunch at the same spot where Anthony Bourdain did
DescriptionBring your hunger and get ready to savor new flavors, smells, and experiences reliving the experience of every foodies' favorite host: Anthony Bourdain. He was captivated by the flavors of Cartagena by walking and tasting it at its original location, the Bazurto central market. Join a chef and follow Anthony Bourdain's steps trying the true local cuisine. Let the aromas, the music, the colors and that relaxed spirit of Cartagena locals get to you while you talk to the superstars of the market. Discover the best spots in between the mazes of the market to taste a 'rainbow of fruits' and find out ingredients that you probably didn’t even know existed. Later, continue walking among the kiosks that offer everything from fresh fish, to flowers and meat while learning everything about it. Continue to the same spot where Anthony Bourdain went in his No Reservations show to try a traditional lunch menu. During the whole tour, benefit from personalized insider tips while exploring a non-touristy place with your small-group. This will be an experience that blends mouth-watering cuisine and wonderful local people, sharing their stories and partaking in conversations.
IncludesBilingual Chef-Guide English and Spanish-speaking 1-Way Public Transportation from the historic center to Bazurto Cold beer, local soda and bottled water Local brunch with fish Native fruits tasting 4-Course tasting menu Return transfer Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour will take place rain or shine Note that unfortunately this tour cannot consider a vegetarian diet or severe allergies The route has a mix of savory and sweet options
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability